WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Suggestions
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2007, 05:40 PM   #1
Martinfalch
Hall of Fame member

Martinfalch is unknown at this point
Chainmail-posts

Please please please! If possible, put up a warning about insta-banning people who post those chainmail-letters like "if you read this, then blablabla if you don't repost, you'll be owned in love etc" - it would be so annoying if every second post gets to be like this and it seems like it's something that spreads out rather quickly. I'd say an insta-warning should be given out if possible to those posting it and after 1 warning, if they post again, it's a temp. ban or perm. ban.

Anyhow, just a suggestion to keep the rating system clean!

//Maquan
Martinfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 05:45 PM   #2
kiahann

kiahann is notable
I don't really understand what you are saying can you rephrase it?
Old 02-27-2007, 06:42 PM   #3
godliest

godliest is notable
Do you mean some1 with a signature saying something like; "98% of the all teenagers have smoked, if u haven't then have this in ur signature"? Otherways I got no idea what u mean...

Albert Einstein Quotes
"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love."
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
godliest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:21 PM   #4
Martinfalch
Hall of Fame member

Martinfalch is unknown at this point
My bad, I should've given an example:

"PLEASE DON'T READ THIS. You will get kissed on the nearest possible Friday by the love of your life. Tomorrow will be the best day of your life. However, if you don't post this comment to at least 3 videos, you will die within 2 days. Copy and paste this, to be saved aah i'm so young -_-"

The reason I even write about this is that I know it's a huge issue on Youtube, where almost every third comment consists of messages like this. Try checking out the ratings of different movies within the next couple of days, it might not become a problem, but if it does I'd suggest putting up some warningsystem, rather than having tons of reported ratings and moderators working overtime

//Maquan
Martinfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:52 PM   #5
Valamir

Valamir is unknown at this point
We have a warning system in place, if you ever see one of these messages any where on WarcraftMovies.com report the message by hitting the red "X" at the top right of the comment. We do not allow spam on our site and we do handle it in a not so happy tone. Like most places, three strikes and you are out, we do the same. Those that choose not to follow the rules will not be tolerated, YouTube and all the others don't care about keeping a clean site, we do, so have no fear of chain-mail on our website.

Almost forgot, if you get it in the form of a PM you can notify us on the forums here or send an email to [email protected]. Just remember to please provide a copy of the message (can be done by screen shots or copying and pasting) and the name of the user that sent it to you.
Valamir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:00 AM   #6
Terwilliger

Terwilliger is unknown at this point
Although I agree with you. I haven't seen any spam of this kind on warcraftmovies yet. If you could please point out a movie that has it on it we could get an idea of who is doing it.

It takes years to build trust, and just seconds to destroy it.
Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote