WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > General Community Discussion > General MMORPG Discussion
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2006, 04:25 PM   #1
Flynt
Initiate

Flynt is unknown at this point
MMO over other games.. why?

Ok computer heads alike, unite :-).

In this thread, tells us a little why you decided to compell the life long journey into the MMO world? Was it something you saw from across the room while you were out there one day shopping the mall? Did you see and ad or something that caught your eye on TV, in a Magazine? Lets hear your stories. If you can please try to make your stories a little longer than 1-2 sentances. I will start.

===============

Being the nerdy kinda guy that I am, I started playing video games at a young age. It wasnt to my suprise actually that I got sucked into online games. It started when I would play the game Graal. Anyone remember that game? It was probabaly one of the best games out there for networks and 56k modems. Anywho, after playing Graal for a bit I got really into the Warcraft series, not sure what sparked it, maybe the late nights playing Starcraft sparked the named Blizzard into my head. Since then I waited and waited to get ahold of World of Warcraft. WoW, the only words that could describe it. I remember driving 61 minutes to go get a copy of WoW because it was sold out where I lived. I was kinda sad, but hey. Nothing stops a gamer from getting his game.
Flynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 06:46 PM   #2
The Bum

The Bum is unknown at this point
My friends started to play WoW, but i didnt really like the game (That might have been because i had only watched it, and not really tried it). Then i got to try it once, and i really liked it. I went to all shops close to me, but i wasnt able to get the game anywhere. I then borrowed my friends account to play untill i got my own. Then one day i was in a supermarket, and i saw that they had this game. I was kind of suprised because a supermarket was the last place i would look for it
The Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 07:32 PM   #3
Zaoris

Zaoris is unknown at this point
Well,I started playing MMORPGs because I got bored of same old FPS style,when you always finish the game.
MMORPG has good things and bad things.Good things:you have lots of fun..you meet many people,etc.Some bad things:MMORPGs are often addictive.
Everyone plays whatever he/she wants,by their likings,I,for one,will stick to RPGs,MMORPGs.
Zaoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 08:35 PM   #4
Ragnorok161

Ragnorok161 is unknown at this point
Play with your friends and meet new ones. And they grow over time. You don't beat them in 2 days.
Ragnorok161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 11:49 PM   #5
Amoras

Amoras is notable
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnorok161 View Post
You don't beat them in 2 days.
Exactly.

Post Your Music: HERE

"To be the man, you gotta beat the man."
Amoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 02:03 AM   #6
Punchline

Punchline is notable
I hate playing RPG's where it's just you and an artificial world. In MMO's, it seems like a real, living, breathing world. Take Azeroth for instance; there are so many players in an ever-changing environment. I just love that atmosphere.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:31 PM   #7
Vellwander
Initiate

Vellwander is unknown at this point
I myself started playing computer games before I could read. My dad got a laptop when I was 4 and it had Duke Nukem and Doom 1 or 2 on it. I wasn't very good but I remember I could atleast get to the sixth venue of Duke Nukem on my own

Then I moved on to RuneScape when it was all new, and I've lived in online virtual worlds since. The addicting thought of knowing that if you just put lots of time on it, you could be the best and kill anything or anyone you wanted, is what drives you.
Vellwander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 11:57 PM   #8
Hentai

Hentai is notable
Well, MMORPGS and RPGS are totaly diferent, mmo gives you unlimited chances and and artificial inteligence that computers can't make (other people ), so mmo > normal rpg in my opinio. Versus all other games, i prefer mmorpg because gives our own stuff that we can create and work for, BUT, unhappyly mmorpgs are full of gear and nerds :S and as always Skill > gear, but, mmorpgs are getting less with skills, everyone can be the best just playing more hours and having betters gear, skills are not that much more if you play PVE :x so FPS have more skills with keyboard and mouse and that kind of stuff that we can't get in mmorpgs (at last for now, since the "new" age of mmorpgs that will come next years give more skills with mouse and stuff )

thats all

(bad english i know )
Hentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 07:33 PM   #9
godliest

godliest is notable
For some reasons I can't remember I decided to buy the beta for WoW. Started playing the beta and got totally hooked. After 1-1˝year playing WoW all the time the computer was on I got a bit bored. I think WoW is pretty fun now and turn in sometimes to play WoW (lvl 64 says it all). Currently looking at Warhammer Online:Age of Reckoning.

Albert Einstein Quotes
"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love."
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
godliest is offline   Reply With Quote