WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Age of Conan > General Discussion
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-29-2006, 08:27 PM   #1
Quazimodo

Quazimodo is notable
Explore a Massive World!

Quote:
Thrilling adventures, brutal challenges, sweet success and painful failure – the Hyborian life is fraught with both perils and pleasures. You are but one person stepping into this gigantic world, which stretches beyond the horizon and into dark places never seen by man. In Hyboria your very existence depends on your ability to survive the challenges of everyday life, and a truly successful player must learn to both cleave heads and shake hands with the same care.

Faced with incredible dangers all around, there are plenty of rewards to be found if you are up to the challenge. Whichever path you choose, your Hyborian adventures will be filled with exciting quests and brutal combat, alone or in the companionship with thousands of other players. Age of Conan will test your skills to their limits while sweeping you along on the journey of your life.

The in-game world of Hyboria is massive, and spans the three mighty nations of Cimmeria, Aquilonia and Stygia. You will experience some of the most memorable locations seen in the Conan lore, such as the cold Eglophian Mountains of the north, the burning Sand Dunes of the south or the jungle on the Barachan isles. You will visit majestic cities like Tarantia, where King Conan rules, the pirate hive of Tortage, and the desert city of Khemi. From cities and dungeons to mountains, forests, swamps and deserts, Age of Conan will allow you to explore a brutal, massive and incredibly lush world.

Explore dozens of exciting regions, each handcrafted with an incredible attention to detail and gameplay.
Travel between the snowy mountains of the north to the sandy deserts of the south, taking in the forests, swamps, plains and all else in-between.
Experience the many excotic cultures of Hyboria, and visit the countries Aquilonia, Cimmeria and Stygia.
Dozens of dungeons, caves, temples and other lairs of evil are scattered throughout the lands, filled with adventure and reward.
Encounter a broad range of fiendish Hyborian inhabitants, like the savage Picts, the brutal Vanirs, the pillaging Pirates and many, many more.
Go hands-on against deamons, demi-gods and a wide range of terrifying creatures.
Journey across the lands on mounts such as horse or camel.
Undertake epic quests that give you exciting adventures and lucrative rewards.
Certain locations use instance technology to provide a frustration-free experience, while other areas are massive and can hold large amounts of people.
Taken from www.ageofconan.com
( Y )
()~*~()
(_)-(_)
SAY NO TO CAREBEARS!
JOIN TWILIGHT DYNASTY
-Site- -Rules and Guidelines- -Video-

Last edited by Quazimodo : 10-29-2006 at 09:25 PM. Reason: By request from concerned member
Quazimodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 08:42 PM   #2
The Bum

The Bum is unknown at this point
Big worlds is so nice, i love to have lots of places to travel to and i love to explore new places all the time
The Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 08:51 PM   #3
Quazimodo

Quazimodo is notable
Yup, but I think I heard in some interview that Age of Conan wont be as big as World of Warcraft in the start at least because of the lore. They said they may add more regions in expansions tho.
( Y )
()~*~()
(_)-(_)
SAY NO TO CAREBEARS!
JOIN TWILIGHT DYNASTY
-Site- -Rules and Guidelines- -Video-
Quazimodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 09:06 PM   #4
DamionFury
Initiate

DamionFury is upstandingDamionFury is upstanding
Although Quazimodo's post is copied from the Age of Conan website, it's definitely good info. You can read some more information about the game here.
All posts are the express opinion of myself and do not represent the opinions of any SANE person or persons...not even those that hang out with me on a routine basis. I reserve the right (and priviledge) to be wrong about any and everything. You may reserve to right to point it out. I reserve the right to ignore or publicly humiliate you (I'm fond of dropping hyperactive weasels in peoples underpants) for doing so. Viewer discretion is advised.

Last edited by DamionFury : 10-29-2006 at 09:16 PM. Reason: The whole tone of the reply was nowhere close to what I had originally intended.
DamionFury is offline   Reply With Quote