WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Age of Conan > General Discussion
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-29-2006, 08:26 PM   #1
Quazimodo

Quazimodo is notable
Be anything you want!

Quote:
The world Hyboria is a melting pot of people, cultures and personalities, serving like a twisted mirror of our own world. From the nobles of Aquilonia to the barbarians of Cimmeria and the desert-dwellers of Stygia, all make out the blood that is pumping life through the veins of the world. Just as each of these have been born into their respective clans, tribes and families, they each can follow their own call in life. From the brutal way of the Soldier to the soul-searching ways of the Priest, this amazing universe has something for everyone.

This is the world into which you are born, this is the world where you, too, must choose the path that best suits the nature of your character. You must shape the appearance of your alter-ego from the coloration of your skin to the size of your broken nose, and when you first place your feet in the burning sands of the Barachan Isles you set out on a journey as you have never experienced before.

You spend the first hours of the game as a common Cimmerian, Aquilonian or Stygian, once you reach level five select among the archetypes Soldier, Mage, Rogue or Priest. Once you are ready to face even bolder challenges you can delve deeper into exciting classes such as Bear Shaman, Druid, Lotus Assassin, Conqueror or Zealot. All along the way there are choices to be made, choices which will shape your very future in the brutal world of Conan.

Begin your life as a common Cimmerian, Stygian or Aquilonian, and then choose among the archetypes Soldier, Mage, Rogue or Priest at level five.
Advance into one of the many classes such as Druid, Scion of Set, Conqueror, Zealot, Ranger, Master Thief, Lich and many more.
Master numerous different feats in the class of your choice.
Dozens of skills to hone during the lifetime of your character.
Build your own unique character by utilizing the game's powerful character creation system. Alter anything from the size of your arms to the angle of your beat-up nose.
Advance through 80 experience levels of adventure.
Go deeper into the character development and become a Lord, a Commander, a Crafter or one of the other prestige classes available to you.
Be a lone wolf, a guild leader or even a battlefield commander, in Age of Conan you can become anything you want.
Taken from www.ageofconan.com
( Y )
()~*~()
(_)-(_)
SAY NO TO CAREBEARS!
JOIN TWILIGHT DYNASTY
-Site- -Rules and Guidelines- -Video-

Last edited by Quazimodo : 10-29-2006 at 09:24 PM. Reason: By request from concerned member
Quazimodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 08:45 PM   #2
The Bum

The Bum is unknown at this point
Great with a varity among classes, its great that people can be different so not everyone is the same
The Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 08:52 PM   #3
Quazimodo

Quazimodo is notable
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bum View Post
Great with a varity among classes, its great that people can be different so not everyone is the same
Yup, and you should check out the character customisation of this game, you can choose everything basicly, even better than the Oblivion one. From scars to breast size (for females ofc LOL) to fatness and muscles etc etc...
( Y )
()~*~()
(_)-(_)
SAY NO TO CAREBEARS!
JOIN TWILIGHT DYNASTY
Old 10-29-2006, 09:05 PM   #4
DamionFury
Initiate

DamionFury is upstandingDamionFury is upstanding
Thought I'd point out that Quazimodo's post is a direct copy of information available on the Age of Conan website. Even the title is the same. If you go to this link you can read several small articles about it.

It's not polite to copy off of someone's site without giving them credit. That's called plagiarism.

Still, it's good info.
All posts are the express opinion of myself and do not represent the opinions of any SANE person or persons...not even those that hang out with me on a routine basis. I reserve the right (and priviledge) to be wrong about any and everything. You may reserve to right to point it out. I reserve the right to ignore or publicly humiliate you (I'm fond of dropping hyperactive weasels in peoples underpants) for doing so. Viewer discretion is advised.
DamionFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 09:09 PM   #5
Quazimodo

Quazimodo is notable
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamionFury View Post
Thought I'd point out that Quazimodo's post is a direct copy of information available on the Age of Conan website. Even the title is the same. If you go to this link you can read several small articles about it.

It's not polite to copy off of someone's site without giving them credit. That's called plagiarism.

Still, it's good info.
Just trying to poke some life into the forum and healthy discussion. Last time I checked game info wasnt copyrighted.
( Y )
()~*~()
(_)-(_)
SAY NO TO CAREBEARS!
JOIN TWILIGHT DYNASTY
Old 10-29-2006, 09:12 PM   #6
DamionFury
Initiate

Technically, anything posted on the official site is copyright Funcom or copyright Conan Properties International, LLC. Regardless, I apologize for the tone of that post. There are considerably better ways to say things like that and I'm pretty disappointed in myself for not finding them.
All posts are the express opinion of myself and do not represent the opinions of any SANE person or persons...not even those that hang out with me on a routine basis. I reserve the right (and priviledge) to be wrong about any and everything. You may reserve to right to point it out. I reserve the right to ignore or publicly humiliate you (I'm fond of dropping hyperactive weasels in peoples underpants) for doing so. Viewer discretion is advised.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:14 PM   #7
Quazimodo

Quazimodo is notable
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamionFury View Post
Technically, anything posted on the official site is copyright Funcom or copyright Conan Properties International, LLC. Regardless, I apologize for the tone of that post. There are considerably better ways to say things like that and I'm pretty disappointed in myself for not finding them.
So you're saying that to reveal announced info about a game is to break some law?
( Y )
()~*~()
(_)-(_)
SAY NO TO CAREBEARS!
JOIN TWILIGHT DYNASTY
Old 10-29-2006, 09:25 PM   #8
DamionFury
Initiate

No, that's not what I'm saying at all. Anyway, this isn't a discussion that needs to be had in a public forum. I'd be happy to discuss it over private message, though. As I said above, I didn't intend the post to be accusatory or inflammatory in any way. I apologize. I really should have read it over and reworded it prior to posting.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:28 PM   #9
Quazimodo

Quazimodo is notable
As I said in the PM these threads are made to discuss the different parts of the game. As the age of conan site doesnt offer this I've decided to put it up here, now I've been nice and put up nice quotings around each article so everyone can be satisfied. But please send this in a PM instead of making it a reply to the thread. I'm looking for discussion on a forum, not critisizm. But fine. You appologized, I'm not offended. But it's fine. I just really had to explain myself, no harm done.
( Y )
()~*~()
(_)-(_)
SAY NO TO CAREBEARS!
JOIN TWILIGHT DYNASTY