fibi
Initiate

fibi is unknown at this point
cool..this fair feature
fibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:25 PM   #22
Blacktrap

Blacktrap is unknown at this point
Ok so I've downloaded about 100 movies over the last 3 days. I'm still on Fame 1.

I'd like to have added some comments long before now to about 30 of the 100 movies I've downloaded yet I still can't.

I think your system is WAY over the top.

Would you mind explaining what it would take for me to get the so low and reasonable value of Fame 2 so that I can actually post a freaking comment and rate some movies?
Blacktrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 06:44 PM   #23
Valamir

Valamir is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedan View Post
There will not be an exact explanation on how to exactly obtain fame and gain rank, we are still tweaking the system and it is going to take some time. What I can tell you is that more easier tasks like downloading on the site and simply clicking login will not get you high rank anytime soon, submitting movies and etc however will do this faster.
This is your answer.
Valamir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 07:10 PM   #24
RawbertX
Initiate

RawbertX is unknown at this point
Ahh, I was wondering about this...
RawbertX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 12:14 AM   #25
Blacktrap

Blacktrap is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valamir View Post
This is your answer.
Actually I already saw that post and was looking for more info.

Update: For those wondering what it takes to get Fame:2 so that you can rate and comment on movies you've watched, this is what it took me.

I had previously downloaded movies here before but I finally got around to registering and activating my account and got that all sorted and finalised. That was about 2-3 days ago. My Fame wouldn't tick past 1 despite downloading over 100 movies after registering. But today when I logged in, I found that my Fame had finally ticked up above 1 and went straight to 6.

So I'm assuming in the beginning with the low scores (which is all I'm interested in) it has something to do with downloading lots of movies but more importantly, giving it a few days as well. Hope that's useful.
Blacktrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 04:22 PM   #26
Mullhavoc
Initiate

Mullhavoc is unknown at this point
Unfortunately I never realized this system was in place. I've downloaded over 100 movies and watched them all. It wasn't until I attempted to comment on a movie that I realized I had to have some 'fame' to comment about it, a little upsetting, but I guess i need to figure out how to get fame so I can.

Filling my harddrive with gigabytes upon gigabytes of movies and watching them intently, hasn't gotten me anywhere yet though
Mullhavoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 06:59 PM   #27
godliest

godliest is notable
This system is really nice, but how often does it update? I've had rank 49 and 53 fame for about 2-3 weeks, and 4 days in a row I didn't do anything except login on WCM, still didn't lose rank/fame. Confuse me a bit that I sometimes jump maby 10 fame and then stand still for 1 week. Nice system anyways.

Albert Einstein Quotes
"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love."
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
godliest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 10:00 PM   #28
Dromhil
Initiate

Dromhil is unknown at this point
Seriously guys, this system is weird.. I mean what if there are guys out there willing to make a good movie. Sharing their mind with other movie-makers, asking them relevant questions but are forced to create a crappy movie theirselfes just to get +fame from people who acctually rate their movies (probably many bad responses) and this guys Name is ruined for the next couple of Weeks, many of the bigger comm.-members not even give him a second chance.
I would make it easier for people to gain famerank 2, maybe make them able to for example post comments without letting them rating it or something like that.
Dromhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 10:25 PM   #29
Valamir

Valamir is unknown at this point
Currently we are satisfied how it is working, but still playing with it. We feel people should earn the privilege to vote and not just expect it to be a right. In the last 3 months we saw enormous amounts of spam and unjustified ratings being dished out like it was dirt on the ground (its everywhere). It isn't fair for our respected authors to get flamed and slammed like this so for now it will remain the way it is.
Valamir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 06:44 PM   #30
godliest

godliest is notable
Well I agree with both Valamir and Dromhil, but I got a question. When is fame updated? As I never seem to update my rank/fame. I haven't lost or got any fame/rank since I haven't lost/gained any rank/fame since sometime before christmas.

Albert Einstein Quotes
"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love."
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
godliest is offline   Reply With Quote