WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-29-2007, 07:38 AM   #1
yawatta
Initiate

yawatta is an unknown quantity at this point
Model and Map viewer

I've searched through the forums here and couldn't find anything about this so I thought I'd ask...

I'm looking for a way to make movies... not playing the game, hosting a game, or anything like that. I've had a hard time getting Model viewer to work right and the map viewer loads several frames then stops to cache. I could load up my "actors" and my "camera man" and place the characters wherever I wanted (I'm assuming). I can't seem to find one anywhere. Can anyone help?

Progs I currently use for regular projects:
Adobe Premiere
Adobe After Effects
Sound forge
Acid (for score music)

Last edited by kiahann : 04-29-2007 at 02:50 PM.
yawatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 08:44 AM   #2
Daghur

Daghur is unknown at this point
Emulators aren't allowed by Blizzard, so this isn't an appropriate subject for these forums.

However, you may help yawatta by giving him advice regarding filming, modelviewer, map viewer etc., etc.

My music: http://Disting.eu
Daghur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 01:11 PM   #3
yawatta
Initiate

yawatta is an unknown quantity at this point
Oops... I was not aware. I’ve seen so many posts in so many locations referencing this type of program being used for machinima I figured it was alright. Good to know, won’t happen again.

So then, I guess what I need to know is how to fix a few issues with the legal software I have.

First of all, Model Viewer. I've been using it for still shots of characters for web design for our guild site. In this respect, it's been an awesome tool. I can't, however, for the life of me figure out how to animate with it. I'm used to some animation tools like Lightwave, that are dependant on setting key frames. If there is a tutorial for this, I'd love to get my hands on it. Also, I've tried viewing movements like a simple walk or run and during the animation, it's almost as though the camera view jumps to a point inside the model. Any thoughts?

On to the Map Viewer. I planned to use this for fly through or creating simple pan shots. I could composite the characters into captured video of in game areas through map viewer but I'm having some issues there. One is the caching problem. I'm able to fly through a terrain for a few seconds then everything stops. It caches a few more frames then I can continue for a few seconds and it stops again. There also seems to be no way to control speed of the camera or to make the whole thing full screen for recording. Finally, is there an interface option that allows one to remove the fps indicator and the location in the screen corners?

I know I'm asking a whole lot and I am sorry if I offended anyone with the original question. I would appreciate any assistance you guys could give.
yawatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 01:14 PM   #4
Daghur

Daghur is unknown at this point
I'll try and find you some links and videos.

Oh yeah, don't worry about the original question.

My music: http://Disting.eu
Daghur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 01:52 PM   #5
soosisti

soosisti is unknown at this point
About map viewer:

- You can remove the fps etc views by pressing F4
- You can make it go fullscreen by adding -f to the command line of the program
(Start -> Run -> type in: "x:\directory where installed\wowmapview.exe -f 1280x1024" (The numbers ofc refer to the resolution and they are optional. I have found out that 1152x864 does not work fullscreen.) There is more about the command line options etc on the readme file
- Nothing can be done to the caching issue (unless someone picks up the map viewer project and re-codes it to be efficient)

I don't know if this helps to your model viewer questions but you can move your charachter via the arrow keys. Just set the model to run/walk etc and off you should go.

"WTF? plz stop and get a life !"
-Comment on Unlimited Escapism vol. 2 by Xah

Blog @ http://www.baronsoosdon.com
(Latest ramblings and information about my upcoming movies.)

IRC - #machinima @ Quakenet
Newbies and pros are welcome!
soosisti is offline   Reply With Quote