WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Anything wrong?
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-18-2010, 03:42 PM   #1
Raisehell
Initiate

Raisehell is an unknown quantity at this point
How does rating work?

I've noticed that my video could get a stream of 5 stars and not budge from its current rating. But then a single lower rating can immediately move it down. How does this work exactly? Doesn't seem to be quite right Not really worried about it, just something I noticed.
Raisehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 04:14 PM   #2
Gedan

Gedan is unknown at this point
Some of the people on our site has weighted rating, from being on the site a long time they can have different 'weight' on their vote, but it often doesn't effect the voting too much. We also try to the best of our ability to remove "downraters" that only focus on destroying peoples movies by rating low. Maybe youc an link your movie and we can take a look.
Old 12-19-2010, 08:16 PM   #3
Raisehell
Initiate

Raisehell is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the reply! Yes, I did notice the weighted rating; however it seems everyone I look at has the same one "48." Or at least a lot of people, including myself. I've been pretty fortunate with people liking the movies I've posted so I'm not going to make a fuss about the rating since the person who gave it a lower rating gave a reason other than "musik sux" kind of thing. So the video kind of had a constant viewership for a few weeks and a lot of 5 ratings but the overall rating itself would stay at 4.96, then the person come along, gives their reason, gives it a 3.5 and immediately its 4.94. I know it sounds silly, and I'll reiterate that this is purely out of curiosity of how the system works; but it seems that someone with the same rating weight as everyone else can drive the overall rating down alone with a lower rating, while a bunch of other people who rate high can't budge it up.

Video Link: http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=168191
Raisehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 07:28 AM   #4
Uzbeki

Uzbeki is unknown at this point
I have done a bit of math on this. If you have around 80 people rating on avg 4.96 and then someone comes and rates 3.5 the score will lower 0.02 if the users weight is around avg (50).

0.02 rating change can seem like quite abit but we should remember that most sites only show a rating of 5 or 4.9. We have two decimals so every little change will be noticable.