WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-21-2009, 11:13 AM   #1
eikira
Initiate

eikira is unknown at this point
Youtube in HD

finaly i have seen the first time stuff in HD on youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WeS9D-JnLU

i checked my own movies and realy its good quality!

i just can say fuck off filefront! never liked it and it never improved in things like quality since years the same shit!

youtube is great. now all vids with hd quality can be watched on youtube in damn good quality! 1280x720p ! and with good bitrate too.
eikira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:14 PM   #2
NicoSanft
Initiate

NicoSanft is an unknown quantity at this point
Do I have to use a special codec?
NicoSanft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:24 AM   #3
eikira
Initiate

no. if the source that will be uploaded is in hd (720p or 1080p) it will be select able as an hd flash stream.
klick on the link above there is a good sample to see.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:58 AM   #4
Zebaoth
Initiate

Zebaoth is an unknown quantity at this point
Thatīs really fine, but the only thing that bugs me when using youtube, is the damn copyright notifications you receive after uploading any type of video...
Zebaoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:46 PM   #5
RopeDrink

RopeDrink is an unknown quantity at this point
You'll get that anywhere.
I made a point of uploading my latest movie to Veoh as well as FileFront before uploading to WCM, purely so there's more choice for the viewers.

However, 5mins after uploading to Veoh my latest movie was removed due to someone claiming copyright (No details given so not sure if it was to do with the Music or the Flash clips // All of which I credited to the respective authors in the movie, not that that really matters).

YouTube recently removed 2 of my videos due to a certain Band representative claiming they used songs from their group in it.

FileFront probably the least likely for any of this to happen as it serves as a direct download as opposed to viewer space (which is optional) but both Veoh and FileFront streaming is horrible.

YouTubes has improved, yes, but as expected you just need to be careful with what material you use within it. It's not YouTube/Veoh's fault if some band/group claim copyright issues over your movie containing music or something that belongs to them - You can't expect them to leave the movie up if it is the website, too, that gets into trouble for doing so.

Lets just be happy that YouTube does indeed have the capacity for crystal clear streaming now ^^
RopeDrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:53 PM   #6
eikira
Initiate

if you use also in game sound and soundeffects in your videos and these sounds are clearly hearable you will not get that easy banned or your video banned. btw videos never really get banned only audio gets banned.

and no shit 720p streaming is so cool even better than the wcm hq stream because of the good bitrate.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:18 AM   #7
RopeDrink

RopeDrink is an unknown quantity at this point
Well thats not nessecarily true - That would indicate you could use any form of video footage of, say, a TV show and it'd slip by copyright.

Naturally Audio is a bigger issue than visual media as far as copyright is concerned considering the people who try to stamp out the stealing are literally selling the music, whereas visual media is pretty much shown everywhere.

I originally suspected that my video was taken down due to me using segments of a flash animation made by Egoraptor - I make a point of crediting authors of anything I use in my movies, but that is not a failsafe.

Point is it wont matter where you upload it, the risk is always there that your movies will be checked and highlighted if there's any material used that isn't yours.

YouTube used to be far worse when videos had to be approved after uploads, but naturally it's gotten too big for that so you could upload something that isn't touched for years, but then suddenly someone just happens to point something out and then you have some agent going through all your movies trying to remove the ones that contain something beloning to their band.

Can understand it - And yes it's annoying, but thats the risk.

I make loads of music myself, and would use it for my movies to save this hassle, but nobody would want to hear what I made
RopeDrink is offline   Reply With Quote