WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Discussion - NEW
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2007, 03:36 AM   #11
Valamir

Valamir is unknown at this point
[email protected]
Valamir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 07:07 AM   #12
Martinfalch
Hall of Fame member

Martinfalch is unknown at this point
Well they added it to community watch, but didn't seem they'd want to add it to frontpage or make any bigger thing out of it - I guess, though, that one of the reasons might be that they aren't much for linking something with copyrighted music and the use of a private server However, it's kinda odd that the only blue responses there have been (since they usually respond to machinima threads quite alot) have been locks and deletes of threads - but nothing much to do about that =P

- Martin
Martinfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 08:36 AM   #13
Valamir

Valamir is unknown at this point
Blizzard is afraid of anything better than them, and this piece of art is totally beyond them. They probably are wetting their pants while watching this video if they have. I mean it is superior and ahead of mostly everyone. Hell, Myndflame commented on it to basically stating that this video is the greatest drama to have ever been made to-date. Coming from them that truly means something because they are professionals in their field.
Valamir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 11:27 AM   #14
ceckjustin
Initiate

ceckjustin is an unknown quantity at this point
All I can say is that this movie was INSANE. My brother and I watched it last night, and we were just amazed.
ceckjustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 09:13 AM   #15
Ashuren
Initiate

Ashuren is an unknown quantity at this point
Gotta love this movie. <3
Ashuren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 04:12 PM   #16
Ceejay9
Initiate

Ceejay9 is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danath2000 View Post
Sorry, the movie was average, being long does not make it epic, ....

The movie's itself was pretty good, but its not AMAZING, the angst got over the top,
Actually, If you take this from the viewpoint of the fact that this is a machinima, this is absolutely amazing. Anyone who has spent more then an hour working on any machinima will tell you that this is truly a spectacular piece of work.

Martin deserves more props then can really be put into words. The editing that this took is on another level entirely. And that's leaving out the fact that the story through the 3 ToTP's are probably one of the best, if not the best, WoW machinima scripts.

To put in into more of a WoW reference, these films are truly the Heroic mode of Machinima.

Kudos again, Martin, to you and all of your cast.
Ceejay9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 01:42 AM   #17
Chomdunemaul
Initiate

Chomdunemaul is unknown at this point
Quote:
Sorry, the movie was average, being long does not make it epic, ..
Danath from dunemaul? From years ago? If so, that explains the post...
Chomdunemaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 08:18 PM   #18
voodooray
Hall of Fame member

voodooray is unknown at this point
I think TotpIII is to machinima what Snow White was to film animation.
The first to attempt and succeed in entertaining people for 1 hour plus.

I rated the movie all 5's as in the current context of movies here on wcm nothing less would be fitting. Thats not to say however I'm a fan of the movie. Personally I found it to go from one fantasy movie cliche to the next. Its a historic work for machinima but to rate it as equal to 'real' films opens up unfair opportunities to critise. Its a poor to bad film in such a case but I'm not about to go into every detail why.

Peoples expectancy is low when it comes to machinima movies, as it should be. Its a fun hobby for most. When someone really takes the medium seriously it should be respected and applauded but take a reality pill if you think anything to date is worthy of great accolade outside the mediums bubble. Perhaps myndflames latest production, most likely a marvel for machinima has the production values to lift the medium out of obscurity. (edit: it seems myndflames latest was there on the production values but fell short on content)

my 2 cents

Last edited by voodooray : 01-03-2008 at 03:50 PM. Reason: seen escape from ommirgrar now
voodooray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 06:53 AM   #19
Ravagous
Initiate

Ravagous is unknown at this point
It's sad that Blizzard didn't give them a shout out for all the hard work. And hell, they gave a Community watch post for a 20 second video of a mage using ice block for a Sierra Mist add :/
Ravagous is offline   Reply With Quote