WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Discussion - NEW
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 07:28 PM   #61
Dbones
Initiate

Dbones is unknown at this point
Alright, like everyone else in this thread, I made an account just to post here.
I used to really like mynd flame and I still enjoy their movies, but I think they are going about it all wrong. They try way too hard to put all these special effects into a 20 something minute long movie. Sure, they are probably really nice effects and such, but I could care less. They have to be doing something wrong to take this long to come out with a movie that short. That means it must of taken them over a day to edit and piece together under 30 seconds of a scene. And that's if they were working on it every single day.
I really enjoy Oblivious, and they have very little special effects in their movies. They have come out with quite a few movies in just one year, while mynd flame has come out with no movies, a few small trailors, and some scenes from EFO. I had a feeling that I was going to end up watching the whole movie piece by piece in small trailors.

I understand that this last delay wasn't their fault and I do feel sorry for them. I just don't quite understand why they can't upload the video to warcraftmovies, stage6 or maybe filefront. All good streaming sites that they had planned to upload it to anyway(according to the EFO page while the site was up).
Old 01-01-2008, 08:04 PM   #62
Reaktor
Initiate

Reaktor is unknown at this point
All right, let's get a few things straight. When creating something, be it a WoW-movie, a musical piece, or a work of litterature, one wants the result to meet the standards one envisioned when one began working on the project, at least if one is serious about it. It's hard fucking work, and it takes a long time - and I'm not talking about the special effects, I'm talking about the project as a whole. Effort. People willing to make that sort of commitment and go through with it are people who often succeed. So don't go out saying it's ridiculous that myndflame is screwing up the timeframe by adding too many or too advanced special effects, because it's so much more than that. People without the capacity to make that kind of distinction are shallow and untalented.

And the reason why they won't upload the movie to a streaming site - well, my guess is that they have some sort of deal with their sponsors that require them to have the movie availible exclusively on the myndflame website, at least for a short period of time.

I am, however, not defending the delays. They suck. Although, this time I hardly think it's their fault.

Last edited by Reaktor : 01-01-2008 at 08:07 PM.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:20 PM   #63
Punchline

Punchline is notable
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaktor View Post
All right, let's get a few things straight. When creating something, be it a WoW-movie, a musical piece, or a work of litterature, one wants the result to meet the standards one envisioned when one began working on the project, at least if one is serious about it. It's hard fucking work, and it takes a long time - and I'm not talking about the special effects, I'm talking about the project as a whole. Effort. People willing to make that sort of commitment and go through with it are people who often succeed. So don't go out saying it's ridiculous that myndflame is screwing up the timeframe by adding too many or too advanced special effects, because it's so much more than that. People without the capacity to make that kind of distinction are shallow and untalented.

And the reason why they won't upload the movie to a streaming site - well, my guess is that they have some sort of deal with their sponsors that require them to have the movie availible exclusively on the myndflame website, at least for a short period of time.

I am, however, not defending the delays. They suck. Although, this time I hardly think it's their fault.
It's their fault when this is the third time that they lied to us.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:28 PM   #64
Reaktor
Initiate

Reaktor is unknown at this point
How exactly is it their fault that someone hacked their website and prevented them from releasing the movie? And I would hardly call it lying when they had (as I don't doubt) every intention of releasing the movie on the set date, but where held back because of circumstances beyond their control.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:29 PM   #65
Tirisfal01
Initiate

Tirisfal01 is an unknown quantity at this point
We should lay off Myndflame. Its not like it happened on purpose. Give it time.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:50 PM   #66
nathanpinard
Initiate

nathanpinard is unknown at this point
I apprecite production value. Any statement that say "I don't really care about all the special fx and sound and music, voice acting, etc" makes me cry. Production value is important. At least in my eyes.

And guess what, it's not a lie.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:59 PM   #67
Tirisfal01
Initiate

Tirisfal01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Nathan, I knew you were a good person ever since you helped me on the myndflame forum and you just won't cease to amaze me. And reaktor, I made this profile before I registered on the myndflame forum.
Old 01-01-2008, 09:07 PM   #68
Walterion
Initiate

Walterion is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaktor View Post
How exactly is it their fault that someone hacked their website and prevented them from releasing the movie? And I would hardly call it lying when they had (as I don't doubt) every intention of releasing the movie on the set date, but where held back because of circumstances beyond their control.
It's their fault NOT being prepared to have an OVERLOADED server (which is expected for a movie like this) and then the other 2 pieces of news we got are:
1) Fix Inc
and hour or so later
2) Bla bla bla bla, Major cordinated attack to the forums (The forums where not used since the 15th of december) we will upload the movie without the site

Wait a second...upload..on our site..WHAT THE F-BOMB ?. The site is not even Stable how do you expect to uplaod a movie on a crippled site ?. I will make an example to everyone so that you can get it: Your lift has pair of 2 long cables that each can hold 50 kilograms. The second cable just worn out because of a leak from the 6th floor of the department. So it can hold now with 1 cable 50 kilograms, you knowing that...what will happen if you go in with 80 kilograms ? The lift wont work and if it does, there is a chance for the cable cut. Well it's the same thing for Myndflame's page.

I won't be surpriced if they are sailing to Hawaii with al club thrall's money, because at this pace...that could be most likely real >_>.

And yes, I share the same opinion as punchline. You lie about your release dates (even to blizzard)...how can you be trusted after that ? In the time that they took to make the movie, Martin falch did the best machinima in years and he didn't asked for donations or even better..he didn't do fake release dates. One day he came on his page ''Totp III will come out in less than a week'', and it was released shortly after. Look at it now, highest ratings and even with 1.0 rating trolls.

My hope is, if Myndflame releases IDEFO...better be over Martin's Quality.

That's all the wall of text I'm going to write, btw their website is still down.

NOTE: The opinions stated are of Walterion's and not those of WarcraftMovies.com or any of its affiliates.

Last edited by Terwilliger : 01-02-2008 at 05:26 AM.
Old 01-01-2008, 09:15 PM   #69
nathanpinard
Initiate

nathanpinard is unknown at this point
Well, the problem is you usually have to have the site uploaded on some web space before submitting it to a stream engine such as WCM, Youtube, etc.

Most sites don't allow you to browse to your computer and upload it because of the filesize limit in php, you have to put in a http:// link to point to that file, then it uploads it to it's own webspace. < --- nerdtalk

When I think about it, I wonder what would happen to the other sites if ID:EFO was put on them. The only one that would survive is probably youtube, because they have a huge cluster of servers running (because they have lots of money)
Old 01-01-2008, 09:18 PM   #70
Mallex
Initiate

Mallex is unknown at this point
Their site is up, but live chat, and forums ain't working
Closed Thread