WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Requests and Movie Ideas
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2007, 09:15 PM   #21
Valgarithos

Valgarithos is unknown at this point
Only issue right now that is plagueing my mind is for the opening flashy intro music with diff scenes is i want to have the moon turn red and i don't have a program to do that on these school compies :'(

Start of it is to have a normal wolf/spirit wolf on a mountain and suddenly howl making the moon color transition go from normal color to blood red.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:25 PM   #22
godliest

godliest is notable
Don't try to do the impossible. Sure, it may be a good and it may look cool, but don't try to do something which is hard to do and requires much better editing programs than u got. Make some good use of the programs u got, a movie isn't necessary good because it's created using good programs and got many flashing effects. Just remember that when working with movies.

Albert Einstein Quotes
"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love."
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
godliest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 05:11 PM   #23
Valgarithos

Valgarithos is unknown at this point
Well i got my compy upgraded, secondary hard drive on it (Not sure if im using it right, should i have fraps installed on the secondary hard drive or just save the filming to that hard drive?) LOL apperently i only had a little over 500 megs of ram so i got a gig of ram put in and a fan (Bastard at future shop didn't tell us about the cost of installing things which was a 40 dollar price for the start and adds on every hour and we had him install the hard drive a gig of ram and also a mere 15 dollar fan. In total all the devices were to be around 200 and some dollars.

My aunt could have installed all of this if she knew the price was going to come out ot be over 400 dollars!

Just wondering now if i should quickly add another gig of ram because there is still a feint bit of lag when im filming. I have turned off most of the programs in the back but im wondering how i can disable my norton (close it not just disable it leaving my compy firewall free) to do the filming because my brother syas that takes up alot of ram to keep that program running.

I have a free version of AVG think my compy will be better off with that since my norton subscription ran out like 2 years ago? What is the ideal fps i should set Fraps too, my friend is giving me his payed version of it so it actually gets used.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:46 PM   #24
godliest

godliest is notable
Ok, your getting more and more advanced, and I'm not very advanced, but I'll see what I can help with.

I got 2gigs of ram and film onto my own harddrive, it lags sometimes, but usually not. I suppose u should (if u can afford it!) upgrade to 2gig ram. It will also come in handy when playing games and doing stuff like that.

The higher u put the fps (frames per second) the more it will take of ur ram. I use 30fps and it works pretty fine. I also render the movies with the same fps, so it's fine for me. If it lags u can however put it lower and see if that works better. See Fony's filming blah, blah, blah guide (this one). I think he describes it better.

And keep on asking if u need help, I'm no real pro, but I will do my best to help u.

Albert Einstein Quotes
"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love."
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
godliest is offline   Reply With Quote