WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2007, 01:25 AM   #1
poundd
Initiate

poundd is unknown at this point
How to Show My Movie After I Edit It

ok, ive finished editing my movie in sony vegas 6.0, what do i do with the blank area that hasnt filled up with the video?

and after that, how do i make my movie go onto the desktop from the program?
i'm new to the movie making thing, and what do people mean by compressing the video to make it shorter? please help!!!
poundd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:52 PM   #2
godliest

godliest is notable
Congratulations on creating your first movie.

The blank area which hasn't been filled up is just ignore. It won't happen anything with it so nevermind that.

Before rendering your movie you must be sure to check out Fony's How To Make PvP Intro. Fony describes what resolution you should have at the clip. I don't want to describe it all over as he does it so good.

To render the movie simply choose "file" and then "render as"

Now here comes the compression part which may be kind of tricky at first. I myself isn't 100% into everything here, but it's best to do it the easy way. Choose Windows Media Video V9, it's the most common used compression and works really good.

Click custom. Choose best. You want your clip to have the best quality possible, right?

Nevermind the audio part, let that be as it is. Proceed to "video" button. Width and Height should already be put correctly if u followed Fony's guide. Mine is atleast. Put Frame Rate at 30,000 and quality and at 100% (forgot that! Mine is at 90%)

Nevermind the "Bitrate" tab. Go to the last tab, "Index Summary". This is a very good little tab and shouldn't be forgotten. Fill in the Title of the clip, the author and so on. The little description u fill in will show on the player u use and simply scroll by. Choose rating and year it was done. Now when u later watch this movie u can see all this information, very good.

Click "Ok". And now it's just click "Save" (Mine insists on saying "Spara" which is swedish for save). Now the clip will render and ur clip will be saved. Remeber to save it where u want it to be.

Hopefully that will help u. Good luck and I hope your movie will get good criticism.

Albert Einstein Quotes
"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love."
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
godliest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 06:33 AM   #3
poundd
Initiate

poundd is unknown at this point
much thanks

thanks
poundd is offline   Reply With Quote