WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > News and Comments
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-27-2007, 01:00 AM   #21
Initiate

like is unknown at this point
The same should go for positive ratings. I see lots of people leave comments like "good" and nothing else, and giving the movie a 5.0 rating. That's just as lame as downraters.
like is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 03:50 AM   #22
Valamir

Valamir is unknown at this point
I agree, but if someone rates a movie with a 5 that means there is nothing wrong with the movie in their opinion. As a fellow author I want to know exactly why they rated the way they did. I want to know what made them think it was good so that I could do it over and over again.
Valamir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 07:38 AM   #23
Z.x

Z.x is unknown at this point
heh, some of the comments are so ridiculous I wonder if the person commenting even plays WoW.

Many of the idiotic comments seem to come from people who don't read the descriptions of videos... I've noticed this going on for a long time now... they expect to see something else (or have some kind of 'set in stone' opinion of how a video must be, and if it's not that way, it automatically 'sucks') and often downrate good videos that the authors put a lot of work into. It's like going to a movie theater with the intent to see a comedy movie, and buying a ticket for something like "Night of the Living Dead" or "Hannibal", then coming out the theatre crying and whining that it sucks because it was not funny at all.

Just.... I don't know what to think about those people anymore. Most of the negativity seems directed towards PvP Videos, and it's always either about cooldowns, gear, opponent skill, or all of those. I guess they somehow expect to see long epic fights where no one makes any mistakes, like in set-up live action movies or something. And I guess everyone has to have equal gear and never use any cooldowns either. Some people are really lost on the definition of 'entertainment'.

A feature that in my opinion would help alot is to allow authors to remove comments on their posted videos, without allowing them to warn/ban. This should make it alot less work for mods/admins/whoever deals with comments, since I assume every day they have to go through long pages of reports, judging by how many comments get posted daily. It would also help to remove the bad comments much faster, and make the overall atmosphere of this website better. That's what I think, at least.
Z.x is offline   Reply With Quote