WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Age of Conan > General Discussion
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-29-2006, 08:28 PM   #1
Quazimodo

Quazimodo is notable
Groundbreaking Technology!

Quote:
Bringing one of the most detailed and deep fantasy universes to wondrous graphical life is an incredible challenge, and only the best of technology will bring justice to the amazing works of Robert E. Howard. Not only does it take a top team of programmers, graphic artists, musicians, world designers and testers to make the virtual world of Conan a reality, it also takes a whole range of tools and engines they can work with. In “Age of Conan” Funcom is utilizing the proprietary Dream World™ engine, which is based upon ten years of MMO technology research. The innovative and multi award-winning qualities of “Age of Conan” are a testimony to Funcom’s ability to create cutting-edge MMO games with superior graphics and sound.

Graphically and technologically, “Age of Conan” is one of the most advanced PC games currently in development. The rendering engine is able to show characters and environments in extreme detail. Advanced motion capture technology give eerily life-like detail to both beasts and people, and the fast, dynamic battles seem as alive as they would in the real world. Add an immersive soundscape presented in rich 7.1 surround, and you get a world which aims to please all your senses.

A powerful MMO engine based on Funcom's proprietary DreamWorld technology, delivering not only beautiful vistas, but also giving Funcom the ability to implement content highly efficiently.
Runner-up Gamespot E3 award as "The most innovative game of show".
The most detailed character creation system ever seen in an MMO. Alter the looks of your character down to one structure and aging of the skin.
Mountain ranges like you've never seen them before, landscapes so thick, deep, lush and detailed you'll think they have existed forever.
Motion-captured animations bring incredible life to characters and beasts -- even the horses are motion captured, giving a fluid feel to every movement.
Believable sound effects and epic music created by award-winning producers, all presented in mind-blowing 7.1.
The first massively multiplayer online game to use DirectX 10, the newest generation of DirectX technology.
Taken from www.ageofconan.com
( Y )
()~*~()
(_)-(_)
SAY NO TO CAREBEARS!
JOIN TWILIGHT DYNASTY
-Site- -Rules and Guidelines- -Video-

Last edited by Quazimodo : 10-29-2006 at 09:21 PM. Reason: By request from concerned member
Quazimodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 08:41 PM   #2
The Bum

The Bum is unknown at this point
wow, nice.. guess i have to upgrade my PC then, now i just need the money
The Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 08:49 PM   #3
Quazimodo

Quazimodo is notable
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bum View Post
wow, nice.. guess i have to upgrade my PC then, now i just need the money
Oh yea, I bought myself a new computer this summer which cost me 1300 euros, Ill get SLI DX10 NVidia cards once the game is out and Vista for sure. Maybe even a nice soundcard and 4 speakers to put in each top corner of my room just to enjoy the surround haha, I'm crazy, just this game excites me so much.
( Y )
()~*~()
(_)-(_)
SAY NO TO CAREBEARS!
JOIN TWILIGHT DYNASTY
-Site- -Rules and Guidelines- -Video-
Quazimodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 09:07 PM   #4
DamionFury
Initiate

DamionFury is upstandingDamionFury is upstanding
Although Quazimodo's post is copied from the Age of Conan website, it's definitely good info. You can read some more information about the game here.
All posts are the express opinion of myself and do not represent the opinions of any SANE person or persons...not even those that hang out with me on a routine basis. I reserve the right (and priviledge) to be wrong about any and everything. You may reserve to right to point it out. I reserve the right to ignore or publicly humiliate you (I'm fond of dropping hyperactive weasels in peoples underpants) for doing so. Viewer discretion is advised.

Last edited by DamionFury : 10-29-2006 at 09:15 PM. Reason: The whole tone of the reply was nowhere near what I intended.
DamionFury is offline   Reply With Quote