WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-25-2007, 09:46 PM   #1
WarChicken
Initiate

WarChicken is an unknown quantity at this point
No Mpeg-3 Codec in Vegas?

Hey guys, im trying to make some movies so i can upload to my Stage6 account. Well, i followed the video on how to render for stage6, the video is the same, however, the audio, I dont have the mpeg-3 selection to encod the audio in mpeg3. i tried others but stage6 wont accept the movie using any other encoding.

ive updated my sound drivers, the codecs from realtek's website for my sound system, uninstalled and reinstalled windows media, and searched endlessly on google. anyone offer up any help?
WarChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 11:54 PM   #2
Thiras

Thiras is unknown at this point
Google for "lame acm" and install that, should make Lame Mp3 appear in your codec list.

If it doesn't work (which is probable), you can always save the audio as mp3 in vegas (because their mp3 codec only works there.. dont ask me why) and then merge the video/mp3 in virtualdub
Thiras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 06:26 AM   #3
WarChicken
Initiate

i probably encountered that probability - gives me an error trying to intilize the codec when i try to render. ill try virtualdub and add my music seperate, because right now i tried to render it like the video shows but use a diff sound codec but its a no go when i try to upload it to stage6, thanks for trying tho m8
Old 11-26-2007, 06:21 PM   #4
WarChicken
Initiate

Any guides to how to go about merging the two i cant seem to figure it out on virtualdub, im sure its easy but im missing something
Old 11-27-2007, 11:28 AM   #5
Thiras

Thiras is unknown at this point
In virtualdubmod (I think they rebuilt the whole audio menu from virtualdub... so try that instead) theres a box where you can add/remove audio streams, add yours remove the old one and set the video to direct stream copy. Resave.
Thiras is offline   Reply With Quote