WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-08-2008, 09:48 AM   #1
Mogwai
Initiate

Mogwai is unknown at this point
help making 2 clips look like 1 (sony vegas)

Hello, i tried searching first for my problem but couldnt really understand what to search for to be honest.

But my question is this.

When i import a frapsed Modelviewer into Sony vegas as in this case a Draenai warrior, it looks like the char is "howering" and to be honest it looks as if he is cut into the picture and not really a part of it.
I tried blurring, shadows etc etc and no matter what i try i simply cant manage to get it to look more "real"
so is there a trick to actually more or less "blend" the modelviewer edges into the background, some of the effects ive tried with starts making effects on the part where ive put away with chroma keyer.

thankful for any tips on this.
Mogwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:39 PM   #2
Vandalist
Hall of Fame member

Vandalist is notable
http://www.mmorpgforum.net/showthread.php?t=3097

FAQ) My imported model from 'wow model viewer' doesn't look like hes really part of the landscape he's in scene with.
A) It's a tricky task. If your trying to make a model walk to a background or appear to blend in with a background, then you have three main tasks:

1) Lighting
2) Size
3) Speed
-----------------
1) Lighting is important because your character needs to blend in to the surrounding background. Once your model and land are both in the editor, figure out which is brighter and stands out more and dull it down, or darken it. Or, you could take the duller one and brighten it up, or add other effects to make it stand out just as much.

2) Size: The size of your model needs to match to scale (as close as you can get it) the size of your land. A model walking on land with trees behind it that are half the model's size doesn't look very realistic. Make sure the size of your model makes sense on the land it's trying to overshadow.

3) The Speed of your land clip needs to match that of your model. If your model is walking slow but the land is moving by quickly, you need to slow down the land clip, or have the character re-recorded as running instead of walking, and than adjust the speed of that clip accordingly.

-------- Also; Theres many special effects you can add as we all know, make sure that if (for example) you add some 'special effect' or editing trick to your land, you do it to your model as well so the blend in together and make sense.

Finally, sometimes hiding the land that meets the model's feet works well, such as the buttom of the movie screen cutting off at his ankles so that you can't see the ground itself, but you see with the model and the backdrop that hes walking.
Vandalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:43 PM   #3
Mogwai
Initiate

Mogwai is unknown at this point
hmm i managed to miss that part even though i skirmish read the whole post.

Thanx alot though, sorry for the useless post
Mogwai is offline   Reply With Quote