WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-24-2007, 06:37 AM   #21
stormrager

stormrager is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by zomgwarlock View Post
I would like to say thank you to the OP for posting this thread and the people taking their time to help him out. Normally my video's come out super super crappy looking but now, CRYSTAL clear like i'm in game.

Thank you all so much.
Your Very much welcome.

This is why there is this forum here so those who know what to do can help the inexperienced in creating great movies with great quality.
stormrager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 06:56 AM   #22
Bates
Initiate

Bates is unknown at this point
Yes, thank you everyone. I figured everything out and now I get the "nihilim-like" quality that I wanted
Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:55 PM   #23
jakeke
Initiate

jakeke is unknown at this point
hey everyone. I've done everything what you have said in this topic, still I cant read the chat and the quality is not so good.
This is one example: http://files.filefront.com/testi2wmv.../fileinfo.html
using vegas 7.0, should i use that Gspot?
jakeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:09 PM   #24
stormrager

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeke View Post
hey everyone. I've done everything what you have said in this topic, still I cant read the chat and the quality is not so good.
This is one example: http://files.filefront.com/testi2wmv.../fileinfo.html
using vegas 7.0, should i use that Gspot?
Gspot is just for us to see what exactly the settings you rendered your video out. It helps us to determine your problem. You do not need to use it unless you are trying to figure out what other people are rendering their videos to.

Could you please post your computer specs so we know what you are working with?

*Note: It will always help us if you post your computer specs. If you want help without having to post 3-4 times of small posts, then post your computer specs in your first post. It will help us help you. Thanks.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:28 PM   #25
jagarock
Initiate

jagarock is unknown at this point
Can somebody put it in one post, how to get best possible quality please? Theres so much different stuff in here. I tried wmv with 4 M bitrate and 1280x1024 resolution but i still dont think its good enough I tried both CBR or whatever its called, and the internet options tab in vegas.

Right now im trying to set the "smoothness" tab to 100, not 90, and 5 M bitrate! Lets see if that helps.

EDIT: Yes it helped alittle, but not enough. FFS must i use 10 M to get what i want :>

Last edited by jagarock : 07-04-2007 at 07:49 PM.
jagarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:13 PM   #26
stormrager

Are you sure the resolution is 1280x1024 and not 640x512? Because if thats the case then the quality would be a lot less.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:31 PM   #27
jagarock
Initiate

jagarock is unknown at this point
yep im sure. i tried some tests with all different tunings, came out that the CBR twopass gave best quality but also the biggest file. i tried 6 M bitrate and it was acceptable. im going to try 5 M now and check if i can see difference.

I tried also to follow the guide to encode divx twopass, but the quality was omg so bad :>

EDIT: 5 M was also acceptable with CBR twopass, but consume 40MB pr minute! meaning 600MB for 15minutes of action.

How can i get similar quality on my divx twopass? I guess divx is less MB than wmv with same quality?

Last edited by jagarock : 07-04-2007 at 09:23 PM.
jagarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:02 PM   #28
jakeke
Initiate

jakeke is unknown at this point
AMD athlon 64 3400+
2.2ghz
1gb RAM
Radeon X550 ( a bit old yes)
jakeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:13 PM   #29
stormrager

@jagarock

Try adjusting your settings to the 640x512 and see if that improves the quality any.

@jakeke

What resolution are you recording in?
Old 07-04-2007, 11:40 PM   #30
Thiras

Thiras is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagarock View Post
yep im sure. i tried some tests with all different tunings, came out that the CBR twopass gave best quality but also the biggest file. i tried 6 M bitrate and it was acceptable. im going to try 5 M now and check if i can see difference.

I tried also to follow the guide to encode divx twopass, but the quality was omg so bad :>

EDIT: 5 M was also acceptable with CBR twopass, but consume 40MB pr minute! meaning 600MB for 15minutes of action.

How can i get similar quality on my divx twopass? I guess divx is less MB than wmv with same quality?
Xvid/divx usually gives better results than WMV yes. WMV has a rather weird VBR mode, it doesnt entirely spread out the bits properly, if theres too much action at once it breaks totally.
Thiras is offline   Reply With Quote