WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-24-2009, 04:34 PM   #1
shekyno6
Initiate

shekyno6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Way to increase Video Quality just a bit more?

My video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avzzkywqRcE

Hey everyone, first time poster long time reader here. Just one quick question, I've just started making movies and been playing around with video options for a few days and gotten past a few major milestones, however I just want to see how I can increase the video quality as the exported file doesn't look nearly as good once it's uploaded to youtube.

Quick notes about how I do it atm: First, I use Adobe Premiere 4.0 exporting my files as full 1900x1200 @ 29.97 FPS using the Windows Media Video 9 codec.
Encoding process: Two
Bitrate mode: Variable Unconstrained
Pixel Aspect ratio: Square
Decoder Complexity: Auto
Keyframe Interval [seconds]: 5
Average Bitrate[kbps]: 10,000

Exported video looks fine, however when I upload to youtube the quality really downgrades...viewable and correct resolution but still crummy for such a great looking vid. Hoping someone can help me out here! Thanks in advance.
shekyno6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 06:48 PM   #2
AlexEgeskog

AlexEgeskog is an unknown quantity at this point
You can try out the newest guide in here, encoding your movie to H264, or search up Nolans rendering guide. (YouTube) Some color editing can also increase the quality a bit, believe it or not. You're not exactly increasing it, but you might be able to trick the human eye

Ps: You don't have to go further than 4500 bits. The difference will be less to none, and the size will only get larger. Just saying

Edit: Oww, saw that you are using Adobe Premiere. Then I'm not sure if its working, but you can always try it anyway.

Last edited by AlexEgeskog : 10-24-2009 at 06:51 PM.
AlexEgeskog is offline   Reply With Quote