Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-10-2008, 11:11 PM   #1
Troublemaker1991
Initiate

Troublemaker1991 is unknown at this point
WoW Movie Making: Need help, assistance, support and some good tips :S

Hello to all

I am new to this forum and I first came here because I am in search of some good ways of making videos, though the first thing that greeted me was the drowning feeling of having to read all the posts under this threat which immediately terrified me!

Anyway, I am an amateur video maker myself. If you go to youtube and search for this profile you will see a few videos, but I am trying to improve my skills, programmes and quality. So I would like to ask all the experts out there to give me a hand with this! Hope I am not asking too much by asking for as much detail as possible...

Ok so I am in a need of:
-A good recording programme that is cheap in price (or free ) but good quality. I have tried fraps, but only the trial mode. I am afraid of using credit card over the Internet since friends of mine have had their credit card numbers stolen and overused. I have recently found WeGame (www.wegame.com) which does offer a recording programme but can not be adjusted or apply any other settings. Very simple and straight-forward, though the sound DOES really suck.
-Any hints & tips from expert video makers out there who could tell me what are the requirements needed for a video to be qualified as 'boring' or 'monotonous' so I could avoid them In other words, what makes a video interesting. So far all I've got is:
1) Dynamic powerful music along with the video (if it is a raiding video/pvp video hard rock would be best, if it is a fun/'how to..'/random other stuff I would probably go with dance/trance)
2) Adjust the movie to the music, make the music lead the video not the other way around. Eg.. Say we are in Black Temple and ready to comfront Illidan... in the video all the players are around waiting for him to touch the earth as a confident video maker holds his camera up high ready for that moment. On the video, if there is some music going on you could pause it in any way possible, slow motion on him going down and some air sound effects playing during the pause and at the exact moment of the touchdown the music goes on again with a big bang.
3) Adjust camera/interesting positions/distance of the camera/try not to shake your mouse while recording This can be seen as a more lifelike approach as it feels you are there doing the whole thing, but sometimes is just too much to handle... use addons like ImprovedCamera
4) Use all the effects you can on the video, however look about how many are they since you dont want your video to be too big.
5) Have turned all char/guild names off the screen and not allow viewers to see you. Since your char is right in the centre of the screen you cant show much and so the viewer's eyes are constantly on you...

That is all I have so far and I made them all up as I was making vids. Once again, I am in search of good ways I can make very good videos and I would really, REALLY, appreciate it if someone could tell me how to do machinima videos... I really want to stop searching the internet for things like that...
Troublemaker1991 is offline   Reply With Quote