WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > News and Comments
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-09-2009, 07:18 PM   #11
Fiuez
Initiate

Fiuez is an unknown quantity at this point
forget.

neilyo for me is the person who know "rogue-technics" almost perfectly, and has a playstyle.. mm, like a machine, i would say. and his movies like a books, u can learn a lot from them, but it's not always really entertaining because of lack of world pvp in his last movies, i can agree with that point. but.. we speak about skill.. so, he is a winner.

buddhist, mahiko, akrios - it's a rogue-players for me, that can show themself in a different ways, their movies can entertain people by mixture of skill, editing, action and a fun-content.

tuska + vilden instead of lecken and drakedog could be better.
tuska is the best priest i have ever seen. 1x1, 2400+ with Boozt, world-pvp. everything.
vilden is a really skilled mage, i would say.
drakedog - ok, i wouldn't say anything about him as a player, he is an inspirer of at least half of lock-community and amazing player, but only 1 movie in 2008, and one of the worst, unfortunately. top3?. maybe i don't understand something..
lecken - ok, funny movies, but he's really improved his skills in wotlk and showed it in his 3rd movie, that was realised in 2009, btw. nothing really intersting in first 2, imho.

so.. if we are speaking ONLY about skill, top5 for me is:
neilyo
hydra
noone
tuska
akrios/mahiko/buddhist

if about movies (skill, editing e.t.c.):

noone
buddhist
akrios
chrille
tuska

p.s. all written - imho.
p.s.s. sry for bad english.

Last edited by Fiuez : 03-09-2009 at 07:21 PM.
Fiuez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:08 AM   #12
Zaxoin
Initiate

Zaxoin is an unknown quantity at this point
I must say that according to the efforts that people like Noone and Drakedog does into making their video is nothing what Neilyo does. He is a good rogue, I give you that, but all I see is him with his ratings and arena matches. I have not seen him in TBC as WPvP. I find his movies uncreative, it's the same all over, but then again it is top skilled. Although I have never seen anyone like Noone being able to do what he does. Yes Neilyo has amazing ratings, but the other authors make such an efforts into their movies with new music, and as for buddhist that found an entirely new author for his songs (Ronald Jenkees) and then when I saw a newer movie of Neilyo I was shocked, since he ALSO used Ronald Jenkees.... Really not creative, and prove me wrong, but I found it really like a big "copycat".

Like I said, Neilyo does the same over and over again. He is not nearly as creative as people like Mahiko, Buddhist, Noone, Drakedog or Sonydigital. I completely agree with WatafaBoom, Neilyo slacks at getting better making movies. He just don't deserve this, it's because of all the "OMG IT'S NEILYO" fan groupies...
Zaxoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:13 AM   #13
Zaxoin
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiuez View Post
forget.

neilyo for me is the person who know "rogue-technics" almost perfectly, and has a playstyle.. mm, like a machine, i would say. and his movies like a books, u can learn a lot from them, but it's not always really entertaining because of lack of world pvp in his last movies, i can agree with that point. but.. we speak about skill.. so, he is a winner.

buddhist, mahiko, akrios - it's a rogue-players for me, that can show themself in a different ways, their movies can entertain people by mixture of skill, editing, action and a fun-content.

tuska + vilden instead of lecken and drakedog could be better.
tuska is the best priest i have ever seen. 1x1, 2400+ with Boozt, world-pvp. everything.
vilden is a really skilled mage, i would say.
drakedog - ok, i wouldn't say anything about him as a player, he is an inspirer of at least half of lock-community and amazing player, but only 1 movie in 2008, and one of the worst, unfortunately. top3?. maybe i don't understand something..
lecken - ok, funny movies, but he's really improved his skills in wotlk and showed it in his 3rd movie, that was realised in 2009, btw. nothing really intersting in first 2, imho.

so.. if we are speaking ONLY about skill, top5 for me is:
neilyo
hydra
noone
tuska
akrios/mahiko/buddhist

if about movies (skill, editing e.t.c.):

noone
buddhist
akrios
chrille
tuska

p.s. all written - imho.
p.s.s. sry for bad english.
Like I said, Neilyo is good yes, but he slacks moviemaking and creativity. It's just the same all over and over again. Nothing new, and nothing special. I have seen vanish on blind before, but I haven't seen a person like Akrios who is so fast in his movements and reads his opponent. Neilyo needs creativity, moviemaking and something that makes him more special. Anyone can make a movie like he does...
Old 03-10-2009, 12:19 PM   #14
AriadD
Initiate

AriadD is an unknown quantity at this point
Kinda sad, Neilyo works with windows movie maker and Noone, Buddhist, Akrios and others work hours and hours for good movies. Neilyo is skilled ofc, but he never showed us more than his rushed movie collection.
AriadD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:34 PM   #15
Zaxoin
Initiate

Exactly my point. He doesn't deserve winning it when he makes such rushed movies, which pretty much all contains the same... The other good skilled players spent hours, days and weeks on their movie. Neilyo smack it together, and then it's done. I'm very dissapointed that someone that lazy can win a prize like this, it was just a huge shock to me.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:17 PM   #16
Tuskatappaja
Initiate

Tuskatappaja is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaxoin View Post
Exactly my point. He doesn't deserve winning it when he makes such rushed movies, which pretty much all contains the same... The other good skilled players spent hours, days and weeks on their movie. Neilyo smack it together, and then it's done. I'm very dissapointed that someone that lazy can win a prize like this, it was just a huge shock to me.
It's the top skilled 2008 title and not the machinima title isn't it?
Anyway this is how I imagined it to be. Buddhist doesn't come close when it comes to top skilled, Mahiko is pretty good tho. Both entertaining moviemakers. Akrios is a close second and definetly would deserve to be one of the top5. Neilyo is a Brutal/Vengeful Gladiator and he fights in the ESL tournaments, and Akrios is a Merciless Gladiator. Buddhist has funny movies, world pvp and arena movies from the Duelist/Gladiator bracket, and a late s4 movie without the actual s4 shoulders, and I've watched the livestream gameplay which wasn't very promosing.
So, Imo who really would deserve the title would be either Neilyo or Hydra, Hydra is a Merciless/Vengeful/Brutal Gladiator from the Nihilum ESL tournament team, and the best disc priest I've ever played against, and he has awesome movies showing flawless gameplay.

Last edited by Tuskatappaja : 03-10-2009 at 06:42 PM.
Tuskatappaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:39 PM   #17
Hinkeypro
Initiate

Hinkeypro is an unknown quantity at this point
but drakedog crits high
Hinkeypro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:57 PM   #18
Tuskatappaja
Initiate

Tuskatappaja is unknown at this point
Quote: