WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2007, 03:25 AM   #1
Aciddagger
Initiate

Aciddagger is unknown at this point
Sony Vegas/fraps Rendering help please (few issues involved)

Yes, so i record fraps Half-size, i hear that full size gets you better quality due to the larger resolution, this is understandable. However, fraps Full size lags for me, Half size runs perfectly.. I read the thread aboce, and i tried moving res down to 800x600, it made my lag a bit better, but still.. I wouldnt be able to record with more than 3 people on the screen lol. So my question is, is there anything i can do to achieve high quality video's using Half- Size, i recently released a video to google, now ive heard that google may not be the best uploader, but ive seen awesome video's on there with great quality, i.e.. Perkulator's video's are amazing quality. Id like to get a quality somwehwere around there however i found out he records in Full - size fraps. Otherwise bottomline: How can i upgrae my video quality, using fraps half size, (or is there a way to reduce lag for Full-Size recording) What settings do i use to render as.. in sony vegas 7 (i use), in order to upload to google. Now, i have asked this question on many different forums, spoke to someone on AIM, for a walkthrough, no luck, but i have faith in this forum, so please help. Thanks so so so much for help in advance
Aciddagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 03:36 PM   #2
Thiras

Thiras is unknown at this point
Perk records full size, if your comp lags with full size you need a better one

You could always try turning your wow video settings down
Thiras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 08:58 PM   #3
Aciddagger
Initiate

Ight well, i wanna do this the cheap way, only work part time lol. So lets re focus on how i could improve my Half-Size quality, and get away from Full-sizing it, now i know that this isnt going to be like perk's video's lol but o well. So anyway, for starters, what file should i save it as on fraps? im recording half size with fraps, and my screen resolution is 1024x768, what are the details and stuff i should save the file to (i.e. rendering)? Is there a tutorial for this, ive read the one above and it seems to be right btut here are other programs involved, should i follow it or is there more involved, please clarify, thanks much
Old 05-07-2007, 10:52 PM   #4
stormrager

stormrager is unknown at this point
You could always get more ram as that will always improve performance.
stormrager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:12 PM   #5
Aciddagger
Initiate

My computer is a 4 yr old HP, ive ^graded it numerous times, the RAM is max'd for the motherboard it has atm, at 1g. I upgraded my video card as well to a Radeon x1300, when i first bought my comp.. it didint have a video card.. It was a VIA/S3G. I run WoW flawlessly, even in half-size, it runs great... I jsut need some help, i repeat, please lol, help with vegas/fraps, i dont want a new video card, i dont need more RAM, although i know that it may improve my preformance.. I just need help with how to Render a Half size video recorded on fraps, using sony vegas 7. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:14 PM   #6
Aciddagger
Initiate

Ming records half size.. lol, i didint'understand the instructions listed on the Worldofming.com site.. I'm a vegas noob here, i need detail
Old 05-09-2007, 03:01 AM   #7
Aciddagger
Initiate

Anyone? anyone at all lol? /sigh.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:36 PM   #8
Aciddagger
Initiate

so no one knows how to make a video?
=/
Old 05-21-2007, 08:43 PM   #9
Thiras

Thiras is unknown at this point
Sorry, I shoot in and out of this forum when its existance pops up in my mind.

So uh, if you're frapsing at 1024x768 half size (which I don't recommend, 1280x960/1024 is what you need for fair quality at half size), you want to set vegas to 512x384 (1024/2 and 768/2).

If you have any specific questions you're always welcome to ask.
Thiras is offline   Reply With Quote