WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2010, 10:21 PM   #1
tangseng
Initiate

tangseng is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi guys, i need help.

Hi guys, i need help.
First of all, English is my second language. so hopefully, you guys dont mind to continue reading.

Here is a letter i wrote to Veev(a well known warrior), but im afraid of he doesnt have time to reply me since i checked his latest log status which was a month ago. Thus, please someone come to answer my questions.

Thank you.
Quote:
Hi Veev,
How are you? I need your help about making video.
Before you read this, i just want you know that English is my second language, so i hope you understand what i mean here, and take your time.

Fist of all, I just made my first video in last 2 days, its only about 14:50 length, but the size of it is 1.25GB. I checked your latest movie, the length of it is longer than mine (00:22:58 mins), but the size is only like 800 mb. so by this means that my video quality should be better than yours, but it isnt. The video qualityy of yours seems much better than mine. Im just wandering why is that?

Here is the detail of my video and yours.

First its mine; Yours
Length 00:14:47 00:22:58
Frame width 1920 1200
Frame height 1080 720
Date rate 11932kbps 4985kbps
Total bitrate 12119kbps 5177kbps
Frame rate 29franes/second 29frames/second
type of file AVI AVI

BTW, Im using Fraps to record my wow video and using windows movie maker to edit.

Before i tried to frap something, all my wow video settings are at max, except shadow quality; i got 50+ FPS running in dalaran, 30 something when im raiding in 25man. Yet when im using frap, i have to lower some of my ingame video settings to min such as enviroment detail, ground clutter density&radius, texture filtering, weather intensity, and player textures.

**(my laptop's video card is Geforce GT330M 1gb dedicated and has 6gb RAM. It also has a inter core i7 processor 1.73ghz and 600gb free space.)***

Here are my questions,
1. Is my laptop good enough to frap something when i play wow? Which video effects should i turn it down in order to get my wow run smoothly while fraping?
2. If so, what does your wow ingame video setting look like when you frap? Can you give me a screenshot of it? so i can adjust mine.
3. Both of our videos type is AVI, but your video's lengh is longer than mine; your video's siz is actually smaller than mine. what makes your latest wow video's quality better than mine?

Sorry for writing so long. =)
Thank you
tangseng is offline   Reply With Quote