WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2007, 09:54 PM   #1
Makesfolkslose
Initiate

Makesfolkslose is unknown at this point
WinMPQ

So I use WinMPQ to get sound effects for my movies. However, in 2.0 they did something to the MPQ files of WoW and now I can't get any files at all. Is there a way around this?

The Realm of Makesfolkslose
Makesfolkslose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 11:37 PM   #2
Valamir

Valamir is unknown at this point
You will need to get MyWarcraftStudio 2.0, I don't have the link on hand sorry.
Valamir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 12:03 PM   #3
Waverian

Waverian is unknown at this point
I believe the most recent is 0.9.5991, you should be able to find it via google, search mywarcraftstudio 0.9

If none of those work let me know and I'll upload the version I use to filefront
Waverian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 07:47 PM   #4
Makesfolkslose
Initiate

Makesfolkslose is unknown at this point
Thanks much for the advice. I downloaded MyWarcraftSudio 0.9, but it still doesn't seem to support the new format of 2.0.1. Either that, or I simply don't understand how to use the program. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The Realm of Makesfolkslose
Makesfolkslose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 03:47 AM   #5
Waverian

Waverian is unknown at this point
What specifically is the problem are you experiencing with MWS?

If it's the unhandled error exception / crashing when viewing some files, that's going to happen since they're still working out the kinks with the most recent patch.

If you're trying to extract files, you can get around this by finding the file you want, selecting the folder it's in, then right click-> extract folder. this will, obviously, extract the entire folder without causing a crash, then you can manually remove the file you want from the folder.

If you only want to view the files and not manipulate them, there is a mostly-functional wowmodelviewer alpha released (wowmodelviewer.org) that will allow you to view the file without a crash, but you cannot extract or otherwise manipulate it-- for that you'll have to use the MyWarcraftStudio tip above.

--edit: if you're not sure about how to use MyWarcraftStudio.. Open MyWarCraftStudio.exe, File-> Open MPQ Archive. Navigate to World of Warcraft\Data\common.mpq. Self-explanatory from there, just navigate the various folders to view the M2/BLP you want via the left folder tree.

Last edited by Waverian : 01-05-2007 at 04:05 AM.
Waverian is offline   Reply With Quote