WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-19-2009, 10:07 PM   #1
Xao
Initiate

Xao is unknown at this point
WoW Model Viewer for WotLK

I think Im writing in everybodies name when I say "How the hell am I supposed to make movies"??

After WoW Model Viewer Project been shut down there has been released some fan version of it. Unfortunatley its filled with loads of Glitches and errors.

For Example half of the models dont have fingers.
Human Females dont have lower jaw.
Draenei cannot equip any shoulders.
The light control doesnt work.

Those are only the few of major inconveniances we have to face if we decide to use WoW model viewer.

Is there any alternative?
Any hope for Machinima at all?
Maybe I am just uninformed but please enlight me...
Xao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:29 PM   #2
RopeDrink

RopeDrink is an unknown quantity at this point
The problem isn't really Modelviewer, it's the way in which they update it's users.

I got my hands on a perfect working version of the current WotLK ModelViewer for Vista by pouring continuously over all the amount of posts and google searches related to how Wrath broke MViewer.

Turns out they have a link (and info) for getting your hands on the working version, but the main site still links downloads for the one that doesn't work.

I'm using WoWModelViewer 0.6.0.2 (Pretty much a beta of the version they're working on since Wrath) and I haven't had one single hiccup, heck I got to keep making my mini-comedy and photoshop effects for my latest movie thanks to it.

When my old version broke it ruined my movie making at the time, so I searched long and hard (So much so that I tried so many versions and to be blunt I probably wouldn't be able to find the link to the new version right now for you).

However, I do remember it'll require C++Basic package of some description as Modelviewer needs the code so it can read the new .mpq formats for the models (Which they changed from pre-Wrath to a new type in Wrath) if you get me.

I'd suggest going to the WMViewer site and looking in their forum threads, one of the many "WMViewer broken in Wrath" threads was made by someone posting a direct way of getting the latest version (And the needed C++ Code Package) for it to work with our current version of WoW as it's main topic, for all the people still struggling to get a current working version.

If it doesn't contain a link the a WoWModelviewer Download as well as the needed Code Package (Warning, it's in arounds 20gigs or something that Windows Installer downloads itself online, so it may take a while on slow connections, or not help those without sufficient Drive Space) then it's not the thread I'm on about.

Pretty sure it'll either be sticky by now, or at least on the first page of the forums - It has a LOT of responses so just keep your eye open for threads with 5-6 pages of replies, based on the Topic of getting the latest version of ModelViewer. If you have no luck, I'll try dig up the post myself as it could help many other budding movie makers here.

Last edited by RopeDrink : 01-20-2009 at 03:33 PM.
RopeDrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:51 PM   #3
aelowan
Initiate

aelowan is unknown at this point
They have 0.6.0.3 up and running now, which does NOT require C++, and does work well, as long as you don't get too busy with it. They have a nice link to the download on the Home/News page.

However, the problem I have been having with it is that when I try to Fraps, it only records at 2fps Anyone else having this problem, or know a solution?
aelowan is offline   Reply With Quote