WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Suggestions
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2009, 10:31 PM   #1
SeanD
Initiate

SeanD is an unknown quantity at this point
Ruined the site.. And new streaming is horrible

The old WCM was infinitely better, this new design may look more modern and flashy but it really wasn't a huge deal. The display of the videos pre-reno was a lot cleaner and easier to navigate. Not only that but the uploader could choose a variety of sources.. Now the streams are slow and it's frustrating to try and watch a video.

If anyone else feels the same way speak up.. If you don't care well then you don't care..
SeanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:20 AM   #2
FroozT
Initiate

FroozT is unknown at this point
Hell yea! WCMovies sux after the new downgrade, I hardly visit the site anymore. It's too frustrating. Seriously, change it back to the pro site it was, or just do something. Can't you like have both sites up and then you can choose which site 'design' you wanna use or something ^^

Peace.
FroozT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 03:02 PM   #3
Sonolahoj
Initiate

Sonolahoj is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah I really like seeing ads involving a guy eating a hotdog instead of world of warcraft videos on a site called warcraftmovies.com, it's sweet...
Sonolahoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 11:21 AM   #4
Zirb
Initiate

Zirb is an unknown quantity at this point
Its too commercialized now. Since everybody wants you to stream their movies, I suggest you just use youtube for now on instead of WCM. You can stream in HD on youtube without lag, and tons of videos are being posted there now instead of here. Grats on selling out like everybody else WCM.
Zirb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:20 AM   #5
Wello
Initiate

Wello is an unknown quantity at this point
The reason why you guys don't go to WCM anymore is because it's filled with crap pvp movies..
Wello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 04:25 PM   #6
devark
Initiate

devark is unknown at this point
Adds are so invasive it makes me want to puke, layout is so anti intuitive that even after months people still find it annoying and hard to navagate.

Old site was pro because it served its purpose perfectly. People got here got what they wanted and that was that. The information was easy to get and the site was easy to navigate.

Hope you didn't pay too much for this one
devark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:36 PM   #7
Gravebait
Initiate

Gravebait is an unknown quantity at this point
For what it's worth commercials before every movie have made me inclined to remove my WCM bookmark for the first time in three years. You may as well just require people to pay for premium to use the site.
Gravebait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:24 AM   #8
BobJustBob
Initiate

BobJustBob is unknown at this point
I don't mind the ads so much as the unbearable buffer times on videos. I could open the exact same video on any of the other big stream sites (youtube, wegame, wowannex) and it will buffer/load faster than the playback of the video.

But using WCM streaming I have to wait AT LEAST 15 minutes to watch a 10 minute movie uninterrupted.

It is absolutely ridiculous.

I usually prefer WCM because it houses all the newest WoW movies but more and more I find myself clicking on a new video only to see they don't have a mirror to one of the previously mentioned sites. At this point I usually just navigate away from the website, skipping the movie entirely.

EDIT: It seems this problem is never really addressed because this topic is almost 2 months old. Sorry for the necro but this website is turning to garbage.

Last edited by BobJustBob : 02-02-2010 at 05:28 AM.
BobJustBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 04:17 PM   #9
lionpants
Initiate

lionpants is unknown at this point
I've been a member since 2005 (WoW's release), and I must agree with these people. I've recently included one of your promo clips in a video I've created so I can get a premium account thinking that it would make the site better...

Boy was I ever wrong...
- I cannot edit my uploaded video's title
- Any changes I make to my profile are not updated, and if they are updated it's a week later
- Trying to navigate this site WITHOUT a FireFox addon like AdBlock is near impossible
- Stream times are garbage
- The site is incredibly buggy and layouts glitch out frequently

This will be the last time I include WarcraftMovies promo clips in any my videos. Good job guys in ruining a perfectly good website.
lionpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:06 PM   #10
shronk
Initiate

shronk is unknown at this point
I wish I would have read this thread yesterday...

Hope I can get a refund.

Either way, it seems like they don't even care. I mean, no statement at all? They just sit back, take all the money and don't fix anything... Not funny at all.

edit: plus the site is most of the time soooo slow, I was browsing faster back when I had a 56k modem. -.-

Last edited by shronk : 05-18-2010 at 05:09 PM.
shronk is offline   Reply With Quote