WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Discussion - NEW
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-26-2010, 01:05 PM   #1
Loliver
Initiate

Loliver is an unknown quantity at this point
Movies using Prekeyed Effects/templates

I dont rly know how to put this but I think this need to be discussed.

Ive recently stumble upon several movies using nothing else then some effects that are made by proffesionals and are prekeyed and ready to just copy/paste, now these effects are ment to be used and to entertain, ofc, they are used in Bebep's newest movie and he uses them well with his own touch to them and plus its almost impossible to make real fire effects with after effects unless u arent a proffesional that been working with the program for several years.

The problem that irritates me alot is that ive seen so many random movies using nothing else then these effects to catch the viewers, get the rating and the attention, for example.

There is a 2 min movie ( I wont tell its name ) the maker of this movie has never done a movie before, its his first one, and theres absolutely nothing good about this movie, this guy has a alot to learn before he will make something good, he got it all upside down, he thinks hes sick at editing becuse he copy pasted some effects ( wich no one on wcm seems to know ) and he even states it himself that he likes to make difficult effects ( hard to copy paste )

People that made comments on this movie thinks that he is the one who made all these effects, and most of them rates him 5/5 becuse of the effects, all they talk about is the effects, theres no story to the movie, no pvp, pve, its only goldshire and some undeads walking around, he havent even done a good job putting the effects on place, he does several bad editing misstakes and people are looking forward to the next part of the movie that he claims he so much wants to do. Dont get me wrong here, he might have potentional ( sry for my bad english ) he might be a good kid and he might become a good at making movies, I dont want to spoil his chanse, but what irritates me the most is that he asks for help, he needs people for the voice, script and hell ye even the story, he even states that he has no idea what kinda story he is going with, now sure, let everyone else make these things for him, someone makes the movie itself aswell and he just add the effects becuse hes so good at it am I right? People like this thinks its so easy to create something uniqe, he thinks no one else seen what he has on his harddrive, but god is he misstaken.

Every single effect in that movie is used by a product called Action Essentials 2 made by andrew kramer wich u can find here

http://www.videocopilot.net/products/action2/

And this is not the first movie ive seen on wcm getting high rating becuse of its effects, what is it that people are rating on wcm?

There was one guy who even copy pasted some tutorials by andrew kramer, they where identical, I mean theres no personal touch to the movies, he didnt even changed the color of the effect.

I dont know, maybe Im just being to much, but, I understand, Its ok when Bebep or gforce uses effects like this to their movies to add a little more touch, becuse u wont find real fire anywhere else for that price, but when someone makes a 2 min video and masspaste some random effects he didnt make himself and then thinks hes god of editing when everything else in the movie reflects his true editing skills but people doesnt even notice that becuse the effects catches their attention, when stuff like this happens something have to be done, or at least discussed.

Let us talk this trough, is it right or wrong to promote one self like this? im quite sure he doesnt even know what keying is, or even a flare.

sry for the wall of text.
Loliver is offline   Reply With Quote