WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Suggestions
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2007, 10:31 AM   #1
Olibith

Olibith is an unknown quantity at this point
Did I rated this movie ?

It could be nice to know, when you look at a video page, if you've already rated this movie,
maybe with a link to your comment and an edit tool ?
Old 05-28-2007, 11:43 AM   #2
Darkalus

Darkalus is unknown at this point
Nice idea. Or we can have a whole list of 'Rating History', listing all the movies you've rated from highest to lowest in each category.
Darkalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 05:56 PM   #3
godliest

godliest is notable
I just have to agree I think I've rated the same movie 3 times, always giving same description and same rating. Pretty worthless actually, time spent on nothing.

Albert Einstein Quotes
"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love."
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
godliest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 05:08 AM   #4
Dwârv

Dwârv is unknown at this point
Darkalus, you rule. Premium idea. Else I have to admit, that like Olibith I more then once asked myself: "Did I, or did I not...?"
Old 06-04-2007, 08:47 AM   #5
Valamir

Valamir is unknown at this point
We have brought this subject up to the extent of an edit feature in the past, the basic decision on that was that it is not likely to happen. As for something signifying that you had already rated any specific movie is an idea that sounds good. If this were to be implemented how would it be done (in your mind)?
Valamir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:07 AM   #6
Darkalus

Darkalus is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valamir View Post
As for something signifying that you had already rated any specific movie is an idea that sounds good. If this were to be implemented how would it be done (in your mind)?
Like I mentioned earlier there should be a Rating History section in the profile page. On video pages under the 'Rate this Movie' title there could be a small line of text saying something like: You have rated ## for this movie or You haven't rated this movie yet

Additionally in the category pages there could be an extra column saying 'Your Rating' right beside 'Rating'. That way you can quickly see which movies you have/have not rated and what your rating is for the ones you have rated.

Oh and just another quick suggestion, I feel that the 'Class' column in Category pages is quite unnecessary (except for categories like PvP or PvE), since other categories (storyline and music especially) does not focus on the difference in classes, so why not replace that column to 'Your Rating'?
Now I'm not saying to destroy the category completely but just omit it in the Category pages, and keep it as it is on movie pages.

Last edited by Darkalus : 06-04-2007 at 10:11 AM.
Darkalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:07 AM   #7
Olibith

Olibith is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valamir View Post
If this were to be implemented how would it be done (in your mind)?
To make it simple, I guess a simple message on top of the movie page, something like : You have already downrated this movie 1.0