WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Suggestions
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2007, 09:09 PM   #1
DlouBent

DlouBent is unknown at this point
More Recommendations - Not just in pvp and pve Movies

Intro

Dear Warcraftmoives.com community.

First I did like to say that getting recommended is a status that not everyone should be able to obtain.

However, im seeing a very low amount of Recommendations at those moments.
Being "Recommended" simply means that its "Recommended to watch".
I see alot of movies that is "Recommended to Watch", which did not gain the golden star, which results in way less viewers, which is a shame for such good quality movies.

It's mostly PvE and PvP movies that in my opinion recives Recommended status.

So this is where my Suggestions comes:

Make movies voteable to be Recommended , by people with... let's say 50+ fame. When the movie obtained something like 1500 votes (I don't know how many people with 50+ fame there is, so maybe this is too many or too less. Although it still has to be like it's rare to get recommended!), the movie recive the golden star.

More new movies in spotlight, I am not the only one thinking that old movies gets too much in spotlight; new authors needs more attention, although old movies needs their chance too for shining again.

More Spotlight slots! and information about the video to all of them. It's currectly only the first spotlight that got the normal movie info like:

"Size (MB): Runtime: Category: Class: Server: Faction: Race: Country: Language: Author: Guild/Team: Published: Avg. Rating: Downloads:"

End

Thanks for reading, and I'm sorry for spelling errors and grammar. Please no flame.
DlouBent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 02:26 AM   #2
Btcc22
Hall of Fame member

Btcc22 is unknown at this point
More spotlight slots would only serve to devalue the current spotlight slots.

In my experience, it's usually the music/story videos that get recommended.

I know I've barely given any recommends to PvE/PvP (not to sure if I've suggested it for any PvE), but mainly music/story videos.

The new voting system partially covers one of your points too.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:08 AM   #3
Valamir

Valamir is unknown at this point
It isn't possible to be recommended and not get a golden star, thats the perk that comes with it. The golden star was made for and only for recommended movies. If there are some that say they are recommended and don't have this star you will need to link us to them. As for allowing the user base to vote on recommendations, I hate to put it like this...the purpose of recommending videos was originally designed to allow us to point out videos that we feel are neat, unique, amazing, outlandish, what ever. It isn't easy to just pick a random video from the thousands out there, that is why we made recommendations. They are videos that we feel are points of interest in a way.

The way that you all can point out videos is by this new feature we came out with, it wont be available to everyone because you have to earn it. It requires 50 fame and allows you as the user to mark a movie for front page spotlight, it then goes into a queue and an Administrator will review it. Recommendations are not meant to be easy to get and I feel that many people would rather not have thousands of nonsense votes for recommendations. Just remember, recommendations are hand picked by us out of the hundreds of videos submitted everyday, it isn't easy and I have gotten into deep DEEP discussion with staff before about some of the poor decisions we have made in the past so these things are always kept in check.
Valamir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 05:16 PM   #4
Dwârv

Dwârv is unknown at this point
I give you

5/5

on this new little button.
Small step for you, big step for the community.

learning how to click

Dwârv
Old 08-21-2007, 05:27 AM   #5
DlouBent

Tbh, i dont like the spotlight button idea that much. Gives new authors less chance to get in spotlight
Old 08-21-2007, 12:14 PM   #6
Valamir

Valamir is unknown at this point
Well, what more can I say. These things are not meant to be easy to attain. Not everyone will get honors just because they want it. Things are done the way they are for a reason at this point, maybe it would be wise to settle with that for now.
Valamir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 09:45 PM   #7
Uzbeki

Uzbeki is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by DlouBent View Post
Tbh, i dont like the spotlight button idea that much. Gives new authors less chance to get in spotlight
The admins does not only go by the votes when selecting movies for the spotlight. Its one of the many tools they have at their disposal. I am confident that new authors has the same chance to get into the spotlight if their movie is good.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:54 PM   #8
Uzbeki

Uzbeki is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by DlouBent View Post
Intro
So this is where my Suggestions comes:

Make movies voteable to be Recommended , by people with... let's say 50+ fame. When the movie obtained something like 1500 votes (I don't know how many people with 50+ fame there is, so maybe this is too many or too less. Although it still has to be like it's rare to get recommended!), the movie recive the golden star.

More new movies in spotlight, I am not the only one thinking that old movies gets too much in spotlight; new authors needs more attention, although old movies needs their chance too for shining again.

More Spotlight slots! and information about the video to all of them. It's currectly only the first spotlight that got the normal movie info like:

"Size (MB): Runtime: Category: Class: Server: Faction: Race: Country: Language: Author: Guild/Team: Published: Avg. Rating: Downloads:"
Make movies voteable to be Recommended: This is plauseble but it is pretty similar to the Spotlight voting feature. The same movies will show up on both lists. We will start with the spotlight voting and see if we can use for selection Recommendations as well.

More new movies in spotlight: I agree with you, we are going to increase the flow in the spotboxes and try to keep the amount of older movies down.

More Spotlight slots: The info bit might be solved with having the info show up when you hover it. I do not see that we will be able to increase the amount of slots however. The front page is pretty crowded right now.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:26 AM   #9
DlouBent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valamir View Post
Well, what more can I say. These things are not meant to be easy to attain. Not everyone will get honors just because they want it. Things are done the way they are for a reason at this point, maybe it would be wise to settle with that for now.
I know theyre not supposed to be easy to attain. But with really high amount of votes it should be possible.

Quote:
Make movies voteable to be Recommended: This is plauseble but it is pretty similar to the Spotlight voting feature. The same movies will show up on both lists. We will start with the spotlight voting and see if we can use for selection Recommendations as well.

More new movies in spotlight: I agree with you, we are going to increase the flow in the spotboxes and try to keep the amount of older movies down.

More Spotlight slots: The info bit might be solved with having the info show up when you hover it. I do not see that we will be able to increase the amount of slots however. The front page is pretty crowded right now.
Nice to see someone agree with at least something

If the same movies will show up at both lists, simply make it impossible to put it in spotlight and make it recommended at same time or something.

And about the more slots; ohh ok