WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2011, 05:18 PM   #1
Tehdope
Initiate

Tehdope is an unknown quantity at this point
Sony Vegas 10 Render help

I've been trying to get my youtube videos to be much clearer...I get the option for 720 and it says it's HD but the quality is garbage

I've looked and followed many different templates but they are all coming out the same. I could use some help.

I use fraps, and the quality that I get on the raw footage is acceptable. I would be happy if it would look that way on youtube, but I cant quite get it.
Tehdope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:44 PM   #2
Tehdope
Initiate

Tehdope is an unknown quantity at this point
Nothing?
Tehdope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:43 PM   #3
Kruku
Initiate

Kruku is an unknown quantity at this point
And what movie format do render to? I don't have SV10, only 9, but that's the only thing that comes to my mind. I always render to .wmv and everything's fine with YT.
Kruku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 04:38 PM   #4
sheppo
Initiate

sheppo is an unknown quantity at this point
you have two options.

I avoid rendering with WMV from sony vegas, primarily because the encoder it uses is very slow and inefficient. It renders 5 frames, then encodes, then waits, then repeats. there's a lot of idle time. Personally, i use either of the two options. In terms of uploading to youtube you have two options - or rather, these are the two options i'm familiar with.

the MP4 option. I think the option is "MainConcept AVC/AAC MP4".. I'm not sat in front of my home PC to check. Select one of the internet profiles and customise as required. If you're rendering @ 720p you should be fine to use 10MBPS, maybe if you have a lot of UI text, etc you might want to up it to 15MBPS.

The other option is AVI, and have x264 installed. The same bit rates are fine. You'll get similar file sizes (obviously), but the quality will be a little clearer, less noise. Rendering is a little slower.

The MP4 option is a little freaky with its requirements. For example, it will render at 29.9 FPS in HD, but not at 30. So, if your footage is 30, don't use this. AVI / x264 will render at 30 fine.

hope that helps, if not ping a response and i can help you more specifically when i'm sat in front of my home pc.
sheppo is offline   Reply With Quote