WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2007, 05:24 AM   #1
Propzaganda
Initiate

Propzaganda is unknown at this point
Help With Effects

I'm sure most of you have seen the new Tosan movie. (http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=37602) My question is, how do I get the words to flash like in the very beginning when it says "Tosan 3 Mutilicious" and there's kind of like beams of light coming out that move around (I'm running on Vegas, I'm assuming he is too), also, how do I get an earthquake effect that kind of rumbles the screen and shakes it? Any help would be nice. Thanks
Propzaganda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 06:19 AM   #2
Tosan
Initiate

Tosan is unknown at this point
The light beaming effect is called "Light Rays". The shaking around is pan/crop movement. (many, many keyframes)

Good luck

Last edited by Tosan : 04-08-2007 at 02:41 AM.
Tosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 09:13 AM   #3
nf67
Initiate

nf67 is an unknown quantity at this point
Moving effects

I know these effects but I don't know how to let effects move. In Niar's movies you always see the sun effect ( Aka lens flare ) turning around.
In in almost every movie u see the beams ( Aka light rays ) moving behind the text. Also, I don't know how to fade effects in. The "crit effect" ( the effect with the lightrays when someone makes a crit, used a lot in rogue movies. )
Always starts with little light rays and end with little, but in the middle there are a lot of lightrays.

Supposed to be: Some text, low light rays coming from left moving to the right while getting stronger, at the end it should lower again.

What I have: Some text. and then boom, lightrays, in the middle of the text ( I know how to adjust this, just can't let it move around in the movie ) and boom they are gone again.

Can someone teach me how to move effects? I looked at the great guides posted by godliest by I couldn't find it.
nf67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 01:04 PM   #4
godliest

godliest is notable
Actually Tosan, I do believe that he may have used After Effects for it as it's much easier to make that shaking. But as u use Sony Vegas, it won't help u.

nf67. To move the Light Rays u use the same technic as when using Pan/crop event. So the way to do it is add the effect.

1. Go to the start of the clip and click up "Video Event FX". Set the light rays to start where u want them to start.

2. Go to the middle of the clip where u want the Light Rays to be the strongest. Click "Video Event FX" and set the light rays to how strong u want them to be. The Light Rays will still be at the start, but we wait with moving them to make it easier.

3. Go to the end of the clip, or where u want the Light Rays to get to the end. Click "Video Event FX" and set the Light Rays to where u want them to be. Choose how strong u want the Light Rays to be too.

Now when watching the clip the light rays should move as u intended them. If they didn't do it over again. It's the exactly same technic as when working with pan/crop event. The same technic works with all such effects; if u stand in the middle of a clip and choose the effect to change; it will slowly change from the start to how u want it to be.

It's easy as pie once u've mastered it. Hope this will help u.

Albert Einstein Quotes
"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love."
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
godliest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 02:08 PM   #5
nf67
Initiate

nf67 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ty, it works
nf67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 03:58 PM   #6
godliest

godliest is notable
Glad it works.

Albert Einstein Quotes
"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love."
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
godliest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 03:00 AM   #7
Tosan
Initiate

Tosan is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by godliest View Post
Actually Tosan, I do believe that he may have used After Effects for it as it's much easier to make that shaking. But as u use Sony Vegas, it won't help u.

By "he may have used After Effects" are you referring to me? This sentence is a little confusing.
Tosan is offline   Reply With Quote