WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Discussion - NEW
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 01:45 PM   #41
Tetrum
Initiate

Tetrum is unknown at this point
You guys ever think that everyone went on their site at once, causing it to crash? I mean, if they took it off, that would make sense. Shoo everyone away while they find a fix.

God Forbid that ANYBODY would go to www.myndflame.com on the release date.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:49 PM   #42
Darkferal
Initiate

Darkferal is unknown at this point
Oh thank god. We got some respond from myndflame themself. Now we know whats going on.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:54 PM   #43
kiahann

kiahann is notable
You guys are way overreacting. Im going to quote martainfalch when I say this.

After 1,5 years of production, Tales of the Past III is finally complete. Having spent an average of 3 hours every single day on the movie

1.5 years doing 3 hours everyday you know how stressful and tiring that is with them working and having real life sure maybe they wanted it out before but nobody ever makes deadlines.

I would be happy if it was 3 years with how much effort is put into it. and believe me I exspect it to be top notch to tales of the past.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:22 PM   #44
Kieddragon
Initiate

Kieddragon is unknown at this point
Well, my main question is, why didn't they submit the movie to WCM? If they'd have just submitted the movie there, I really doubt anything would've gone wrong, sure their site might have crashed, but thats expectable in my opinion... I really doubt WCM would've crashed, so the release would've gone through and there would be no whine's.

Please correct me if I'm thinking wrong, but thats how I see it right now... Dumb thinking.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:40 PM   #45
Chelois
Initiate

Chelois is an unknown quantity at this point
alright this is what was posted on the site

"Long story short.

Yesterday afternoon the forums crashed after an organized site-based attack hit our already overloaded server. I spent almost 9 hours trying to get the site back online - it's not going to happen under this load and there aren't enough techs working New Year's day to get the hardware in place to handle all of you.

You're going to have to pardon that I could not release the movie last night. I was under an enormous amount of stress and have put a lot of heart into this website to see it down during such an important time.

If you're going to refresh this page for updates, please at least wait 5-10 minutes. We're putting the movie online with or without this site. It's 9:41am EST right now. "
Old 01-01-2008, 03:03 PM   #46
CaKeDawg
Initiate

CaKeDawg is an unknown quantity at this point
Myndflame is NEVER Goin to release the Movie. They come up with new dumb crap saying: "oh our site is Hacked" or "We r having Rl issues please wait another year and a half" God damnit
Old 01-01-2008, 03:32 PM   #47
deveraux
Initiate

deveraux is unknown at this point
The site really has been hacked... I HATE that crap. What is it with people? Why spoiling something like this? Why hack anyway? I don't get it.

Well, I take everything back. If they release it today i'm back being a fan
Old 01-01-2008, 03:51 PM   #48
Tirisfal01
Initiate

Tirisfal01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Guys, think about it. It might not be there fault. I mean, look what happened on WoW last night. Massive Booty Bay raid! At least on my server. Do you think it's possible that someone planned to hack their site? Someone who doesn't like them?
Old 01-01-2008, 04:50 PM   #49
deveraux
Initiate

deveraux is unknown at this point
Of course it isn't their fault when the site has been hacked...BUT...just upload the video on friggin youtube. What's up with that?
Old 01-01-2008, 05:15 PM   #50
nathanpinard
Initiate

nathanpinard is unknown at this point
Are you joking? What would you spend so much effort only to upload on the crappiest video feed ever.

Besides, MF probably has agreements with their sponsors.
Closed Thread