WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Discussion - NEW
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-07-2008, 02:21 AM   #1
wence17
Initiate

wence17 is an unknown quantity at this point
2200 feral druid trying to get some DLs

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=64483

I recently made the video Wence:Feral World PvP. It is a video of me, Wence, a feral druid rated 2200 and up in all 3 brackets. The clips are all from season 2. It took me a while to get motivated to compile all my fraps into a video.

I decided to go out on a limb and make a video a little different than most. It seems all the videos out these days are all arenas with a few BG scenes. I can only watch so many mage, hunter, rogue, and warrior Arena videos before I just get bored with it. So I went out and tried to find interesting world pvp fights. I threw in some clips where I mess up and almost lose but still pull off the win because I didn't want to do what most people are doing these days by putting in a ton of clips where I am just destroying everyone so people think I'm some kind of god of pvp. Everyone makes mistakes and no one plays this game perfectly.

I didn't get any love from warcraftmovies.com as far as putting my video in the spotlight so I've only got about 3,400 DLs... but at the same time I have a rating of 4.4 at the moment so I believe there are plenty out there that would enjoy seeing my video. I figured this would be a good way to get my video out there.

Thanks in advance for checking out my video. Most questions can probably be answered in the warcraftmovies summary. All kinds of constructive criticism are welcome.

-Wence
wence17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:02 PM   #2
Vandalist
Hall of Fame member

Vandalist is notable
Thats kinda just how it works. Just be mindful of when you submit movies and such. Submitting them on the weekend is good because the weekend crowds will get you more views, so will the Tuesday downtime crowds.
Your video shows as Published: 08-02-27 15:45
Basically, you missed almost the whole weekend crowd, there was one problem. Submit it early enough so the video is released friday afternoon or evening. If you get spotlight, you'll get the whole friday night and saturday crowd.

another suggestion is you have no image for your video, just some text writing, which is usually a sign that the video will be poorly made/edited (usually, so its recommended to make or screenshot some type of graphic or screenshot)

lastly, 19 minutes..

19 minutes is kinda long to begin with so unless your well known or have something amazing, usually those videos lose viewers attention fast.
Vandalist is offline   Reply With Quote