WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-25-2010, 03:22 AM   #1
aeeron
Initiate

aeeron is unknown at this point
Compression?

I'm just curious what type of compression people are using because I'm having some issues.

I'm running @ 1600 x 900 resolution, its my monitors native resolutio and recording with fraps @ 1600 x 900.

Getting huge file sizes, but that is no surprise but my computer does not have a great CPU, so opening these files in sony vegas 9 is near impossible.

I compressed one file in virtual dub resizing it from 1600 x 900 to 1280 x 720 with xvid codec and then edited the clip in sony vegas 9. I plan to just render it uncompressed and then compress it again with easy-h.264.

I'm just wondering if there are any other options I have though.

I would record in game play @ 1280 x 720 which would lower my file size but the game seems unplayable at this resolution, very blurry.

Thanks
aeeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:44 AM   #2
stormrager

stormrager is unknown at this point
Ideally render the same footage multiple times will drastically lower the quality. If possible I would say try to edit the videos from the fraps files because that will be best. For a couple hundred bucks (if you got it) you can get your self a pretty decent computer to be able to edit on.

In your situation, there are not many options. It may be painfully slow to edit the videos without compressing them but in the end it is worth it for the quality.
stormrager is offline   Reply With Quote