WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2006, 09:29 PM   #1
rhebb
Initiate

rhebb is unknown at this point
Please! In desperate need of help!

So, I'm sitting here with my finished movie and the only thing I have left is to render the shit out. So what happens? My audio gets screwed! The sound quality is just laughable. I've put all the setting on maximum quality and I've tried to use different codecs when rendering (PCM Uncompressed, MPEG Layer-3, Lame MP3). It doesn't help... well I don't really know about Lame MP3 because Vegas says that it couldn't open the codec or something when I try to render it. The music I used has a bitrate that ranges from 54kbit to 320kbit. They all sound good as regular mp3s but as I say, they quality gets messed up when I try to render.

I don't know so much when it comes to encoding/rendering and stuff, and frankly I don't really care if my movie has uber quality compared to the filesize or anything like that, I just want to be able to have it in acceptable quality. No fancy things, just so it works!

I've used Vegas 4.0 (old I know) and Fraps 2.5... I have VirtualDub but I haven't used it since I can't render the movie out of Vegas in the first place.

Please, please, please help me! Been struggling with this for weeks and I'm beginning to give up.
rhebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 09:50 PM   #2
Thiras

Thiras is unknown at this point
File -> Project Settings -> audio tab -> audio rendering quality or w/e its called, set to highest
Thiras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 03:42 PM   #3
rhebb
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhebb View Post
I've put all the setting on maximum quality and I've tried to use different codecs when rendering (PCM Uncompressed, MPEG Layer-3, Lame MP3). It doesn't help...
With that I mean't rendering quality.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:36 AM   #4
Thiras

Thiras is unknown at this point
And it still sounds bad when you compress it?

I'm not too sure about vegas 4, but there should be a master volume slider somewhere (its vertical, next to the preview window in vegas 7) and 2 bars which follow the volume of the music (left and right channels), basically these 2 bars should never reach the top. see if you accidentaly boosted the volume up or so.
Thiras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 12:35 PM   #5
rhebb
Initiate

YAY! You're my saviour Thiras, I will forever stand in debt to you
Wonderful, was almost losing it there...

Just one question then, how do I avoid getting the movie so dark? I'm following the rendering tutorial from this forum using the WMV9 rendering.