WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2007, 04:17 AM   #1
bigflyinazn

bigflyinazn is unknown at this point
smoother model transitions

i've been playing with model viewer, and working on my character transitions, and they look like crap =P

just very choppy, cheap fades, if i want the video to look clean i would prolly pan to someone else, then repan back, with a new character action

this looks very cheesy and somewhat obvious, at least to me, so im trying to smooth em out, any suggestions?
bigflyinazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 07:58 PM   #2
deadworkersparty

deadworkersparty is unknown at this point
I'm not sure how fast you need the actions to go between, but if you can't cut and need to do a few actions in succession, use fraps in the model viewer and film just the standard breathing animation and then film each animation you want to do.

take the the 2 actions and book end the breathing animation with them. Line them up where the animation end/begins in the breathing. Then you can play with the timeshift on the breathing animation to speed it up if you need the actions closer together.

But, barring that, I don't mind cuts. A lot of times is nice to cut to the action anyways. I close up of a hand pointing or facial expression. Etc.. Not just cutting to the exact angle you just had with a new action, because that will look choppy. Switch the angles and the zoom.