WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2007, 05:15 PM   #1
Hairydude

Hairydude is unknown at this point
Sending Compressed files

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

I've got a problem...Myself and my friend are trying to make a 2v2 movie that includes Wolrd PVP/ 2v2 Arena and so on.... However we got a problem, when i compress a 3 min movie that was originally 3GB in size it slims down to about 50~MB

However thats not the problem, the problem is when i send the compressed file over to my friend he has to compress it again for editing purposes and of course once the movie is done. Meaning it will compress the already compressed file which will absolutely kill the quality of the movie...

So we need help on how to work around this problem, it will be very hard to send 10-15GB worth of footage over the net, and at the same time we want to maintain a very good crystal clear quality for our movie.

PS: I'm sure theres a way around this, since Nihuilm has made several movies from different point of views.
Hairydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 07:01 PM   #2
godliest

godliest is notable
Upload it on Rapidshare/Filefront is one way. Or copy it down to a CD and give the CD to your buddy. Personally prefer CD way, if possible.

Albert Einstein Quotes
"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love."
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
godliest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 07:31 PM   #3
Hairydude

Thanks, any other suggestions though? I live in the UK and my friend lives in Sweeden... So sending it will take time and money. However, if theres no way out of it then i might actually do it
Old 06-10-2007, 08:03 PM   #4
stormrager

stormrager is unknown at this point
Currently there is no other way to compres it and send it over the net without losing qualtiy.

Nihuilm does not compress them when they send them over the net. Why do you think it takes a few days for their movies to come out after killing the boss?
stormrager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:26 AM   #5
Thiras

Thiras is unknown at this point
Either send them over the net or burn them on a dvd and mail them. Theres no other way really
Thiras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 08:37 AM   #6
Hairydude

I tried to burn them and send them across country but the file wont open when its burned on the CD... So I started uploading clips on filefront, its quite ridiculous actually 3min long movie is about 3-4GB.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:16 AM   #7
Hairydude

I got another question if anyone got the time to reply, since I'm forced into uploading clips that are quite huge in size is there any program you could use to cut scenes from the video without compressing it or something?

I mean for an example, i have a 2min long video i only wanna use 30 seconds or 1 minute of it in the movie is there any way to cut out scenes which i won't be using to trim down the size a little bit when sending it over to my friend?
Old 06-13-2007, 05:37 PM   #8
stormrager

stormrager is unknown at this point
What I do is chop it up in my video editing program and render it as uncompressed avi and that gives me smaller file size with the same quality.
stormrager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:23 AM   #9
Thiras

Thiras is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairydude View Post
I got another question if anyone got the time to reply, since I'm forced into uploading clips that are quite huge in size is there any program you could use to cut scenes from the video without compressing it or something?

I mean for an example, i have a 2min long video i only wanna use 30 seconds or 1 minute of it in the movie is there any way to cut out scenes which i won't be using to trim down the size a little bit when sending it over to my friend?
Virtualdubmod (virtualdubmod.sourceforge.net) can do that.

Open a file, set video mode to direct stream copy, go to the start/end position you want and press the home/end keys on the respective frames. Save as a new avi.
Thiras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 03:12 AM   #10
Hairydude

Who would have thought that your help resulted in a movie that is 6k away from hitting three platniums