WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-30-2008, 08:41 AM   #1
nonchosen1
Initiate

nonchosen1 is unknown at this point
Low MB Recording

I dont know if any of you are old school, but a few years ago when i was playing warcraft this fire mage name Gegon made some movies that were 20 min long and pretty crisp pics. The movies were only about 250mb. I need a recorder that will do that, I tried Fraps but set at only 8 fps and half size with no audio im recording 125 MB every 30 sec. I also tried FastCapPro which was the most amazingly optional free trial recorder i have ever seen, no time limit. But it too took up to much space. If i buy one of these recorders will the MB go down, if not what did I miss. Or tell me what Gegon was using. I just dont want to spend over $100 just for you to watch me kill noobs naked

Last edited by nonchosen1 : 04-30-2008 at 08:43 AM.
nonchosen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:57 AM   #2
Mushanga
Hall of Fame member

Mushanga is an unknown quantity at this point
The footage you get with Fraps, FastCapPro or pretty much ANY capturing program will always be huge. If you want to get a smaller video you need to render the final product (all scenes added together in Windows Movie Maker or Sony Vegas for example) in such a way that the size will be reasonable. You could try to render it with the XVid or DivX codecs and play with the various options they give and see what the results look like. That way you can get clear pictures at reasonable filesize
Mushanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:54 PM   #3
Yvese
Initiate

Yvese is an unknown quantity at this point
I've found that using the DiVX codec and using the 1st quality pass, '10' level is the best quality : size. This is also using HD 720 quality, and frapsing at full-size which you'll need a good comp for.
Yvese is offline   Reply With Quote