WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Anything wrong?
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-30-2006, 07:32 PM   #1
Vandalist
Hall of Fame member

Vandalist is notable
Question on recommendations?

How do you chose which movies are "Warcraftmovies recommended"

do people who put your 5 second promotional clip automatically get it?

The BC content movie, had nothing. It was 20 minuets of him walking and wiping on trash mobs, and hundreds of people gave him HORRIBLE ratings for it.

My movie, which had a lot of great footage, editing, music, so on, got great ratings and comments, and everyone loved it and it had a lot of downloads, but not warcraftmovies recommended, is it because I didnt have that little promotional clip?

I'm just curious how you make the decision? I feel my long hard work is getting underappreciated because movies without the recommended mark get very low view counts compared to the ones that do.
Vandalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 08:02 PM   #2
unska

unska is unknown at this point
It's really up to the one who approves your movie, if he doesn't like it that much, then it won't have a recommendation.

You can have your movie recommended from several reasons such as content, editing etc etc.

The promotional clip does not make your movie recommended.
unska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 08:53 PM   #3
Gedan

Gedan is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandalist View Post
How do you chose which movies are "Warcraftmovies recommended"

do people who put your 5 second promotional clip automatically get it?

The BC content movie, had nothing. It was 20 minuets of him walking and wiping on trash mobs, and hundreds of people gave him HORRIBLE ratings for it.

My movie, which had a lot of great footage, editing, music, so on, got great ratings and comments, and everyone loved it and it had a lot of downloads, but not warcraftmovies recommended, is it because I didnt have that little promotional clip?

I'm just curious how you make the decision? I feel my long hard work is getting underappreciated because movies without the recommended mark get very low view counts compared to the ones that do.
We recommend movies that excel in editing and/or bring something never seen before to the table. In this case we based the recommend choice on the latter - we haven't had that many burning crusade movies at all and at that time wanted to highlight it for the community.

I'd like to see your movie, post the URL to it and we can sort out a spotlight.

A movie does NOT get recommend based on a promo clip just as Unska said. We can however recommend using WCM Promo Materials in future movies and help us help you get your movies the attention you think it's worth.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:31 AM   #4
Vandalist
Hall of Fame member

Vandalist is notable
Well I feel that movies that have 'absolutly no editing' and 'no music' and just 20 minutes of someone frapsing his group wipes shouldn't be the one with the recommended movies. Just my opinion...

I feel like I lost out because of a moderator in a bad mood when he approved it or something stupid like that... I checked the comments on my movie every hour for days, and every comment had a 5 rating and everyone gave great comments.

The movie I'm referring to in my post before, has gotten 1-3 ratings, and people gave it some pretty mean/nasty comments, but it got "Warcraftmovies recommended".

Sorry if i sound like im complaining more than I should be, I guess I just don't understand how that worked out. I worked very hard on my movies and never got recogonized regardless. Maybe I should just fraps 20 minutes of wiping and looking at the sky, and post it with a promo clip, if thats what it takes. (Sorry for the sarcasm but thats what I'm seeing from my view point)

My First movie:
http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=29948

it did well because people were able to see it, it was up on the site on a friday mid-day, so everyone saw it.

=====================================

My Second Video
http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=30174

It didn't do nearly as well, because it came out on the website on a monday at 3am or so.

Last edited by Vandalist : 11-01-2006 at 04:36 AM.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:43 PM   #5
kiahann

kiahann is notable
beleive it or not i loved your video it showed really In-depthed view on TBC. One of the best of the TBC video's IMO

As far as when you said this " Well I feel that movies that have 'absolutly no editing' and 'no music' and just 20 minutes of someone frapsing his group wipes shouldn't be the one with the recommended movies".

Are you referring to a movie thats recommended? or you just being sarcastic?

Just curious?
Old 11-07-2006, 05:16 AM   #6
Vandalist
Hall of Fame member

Vandalist is notable
I'm referring to a movie that did get recommended. And it's not just my opinion, it was the opinion of almost every person that posted their comments in his video, and it didn't get too great of a rating either. Yet it was still recommended.

Oh well nevermind, I don't want this topic turning into some big arguement.
I'll just keep at the videos and hope someday I peek the interest of whoevers reviewing the movie. Thanks
Old 11-07-2006, 04:57 PM   #7
kiahann

kiahann is notable
No it's okay you got somewhat of a valid point can you please link the video your talking about? I'll check it out
Old 11-09-2006, 04:34 PM   #8
Gedan

Gedan is unknown at this point
Once again, the movie that had the recommend status had that based on what we saw in the movie in terms of new content. You ask yourself what you did wrong? - The movie was releases as 10 days later than the movie we had on recommend and during that time ~20more movies about the burning crusade showing spoiler content was release, it has maybe more content then all of them but it's still the same approach.

I think it's a great movie, don't get me wrong. I will put it on spotbox for you for this weekend (11th, 12th) and we can shed some light on it to get the views it deserves.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:08 PM   #9
unska

unska is unknown at this point
Vandalist, just like every world first major boss kill gets recommendation even if it's poor quality and audio.
unska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 05:01 AM   #10
Vandalist
Hall of Fame member

Vandalist is notable
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiahann View Post
No it's okay you got somewhat of a valid point can you please link the video your talking about? I'll check it out
the movie i was talking about that got horrible ratings, yet it was recommended, was
http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=29660

Last edited by Vandalist : 11-10-2006 at 05:09 AM.