WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2008, 12:57 PM   #1
Constantineh
Initiate

Constantineh is an unknown quantity at this point
Fraps Performance and how to get a better Quallity?Pls read and help me if you can!

Hello People this is my first post here.I ma new here and starting atm filming for my guild and if someone could help me here i would be very happy.My english isn't well so pls excuse me when i don't write so good
First of all this is my PC:
Intel Core 2 CPU 6300 @ 1,86 Ghz
2GB RAM
320 GB free disk space with Partition
Graphic Card NVidia GeForce 8800 GTS

1. I am filming with Fraps atm at 30 fps and 27 (i am using both simultaniously to see what is better quality)

2.I am editting my movie with "VIDEO EDIT MAGIC"

The problem that i have is that on my movies i don't reach the quality that i want,for example the player names are shown Blur,Guild chat and raid chat you can't read them at all only guessing what they say.
I have seen other vidoes and you can see the hole game so clearly that it looks like you are playing.

I am openminded and of course all your opinions will count for me so that i can reack maximum quality in movies.I really don't now what is wrong,maybe i should change Fraps and use another programm but what?
Is the fault on my edditing programm "VIDEO EDIT MAGIC" and i can't reach the quality of the Movie that i desire.

Thanks to all who read this you would help me a lot out here Guys

Last edited by Constantineh : 03-16-2008 at 01:00 PM.
Constantineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 07:58 PM   #2
stormrager

stormrager is unknown at this point
Question: Is it blurred after you finish editing it and render out the final product or is it blurred right after you capture it?
stormrager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 08:11 PM   #3
Constantineh
Initiate

Thank you Stormrager for reading my post!Well when i film the movie with fraps and than i go to see her you merely read the chat,to say the truth you cant read it at all not even the names of playeres that are a bit away from.Maybe blured whasn't the right expresion.I whnat to archieve high quality movie so that i can see it and read everything on the picture.That is what i don't now how to get.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:03 PM   #4
stormrager

stormrager is unknown at this point
From the sounds of it, it seems you are recording at "half-size" in fraps. When you open Fraps go to the "Movies" tab and make sure that the "Full-size" is the marked one.

If it is set at "Full-size" then it is the render settings you are using to export it out of Video Edit Magic. There may also lay another problem, I have not used Video Edit Magic so I do not know anything about it but it sounds like one of those programs that comes with a camcorder you buy from the store. If it is anything like those programs han getting the quality you want from the recording is most likely not possible.
stormrager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 02:35 PM   #5
Constantineh
Initiate

Thanks again Stormrager for the reply you made for me i really apreciate this.I am using Fraps at Full size so it can be possible that the movie that i export is wrong and i don't get the quality that i want.I f it is possiblle to you could you pls suggest me what other programm to use?Should i maybe change fraps and start recording movies withi another programm?

Thanks again for your reply Stormrager
Old 03-20-2008, 01:16 PM   #6
kiahann

kiahann is notable
I wouldn't suggest useing fraps to be honest there isn't anything better then it.

The problem your probably having is what your rendering it with what codec +resolution your using.

Last edited by kiahann : 03-21-2008 at 09:25 AM.
kiahann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 03:24 PM   #7
Constantineh
Initiate

Thx Kiahann for you reply.ATM i am trying Adobe Premier and i will post my result for the quality of the movie