WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > General Community Discussion > Forum Rules, Help & Support
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2010, 10:39 PM   #1
diantonio
Initiate

diantonio is an unknown quantity at this point
Videos black screen problem.

I never had problems with WM videos , but for a week now , every time i start a video it gives me a black screen ( where the video should be)...
I have abode flash , last versions for all browsers , codecs (windows7 32bit)...

Any fix ideas ?
diantonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 08:58 AM   #2
sajent
Initiate

sajent is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm getting the same problem. I've tried firefox, chrome, opera, and IE. I encounter the same issue with all 4 browsers.
sajent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 11:40 AM   #3
Uzbeki

Uzbeki is unknown at this point
There is only thing I can think of that can cause this. Do you have any ad blockers installed?
Old 12-24-2010, 08:09 AM   #4
sajent
Initiate

sajent is an unknown quantity at this point
fixed it on my end. Ended up unistalling avg anti virus and SUPERAntispyware. Not sure what program was stopping the video player from loading but I'm all good now.
sajent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:31 PM   #5
BearGrylls
Initiate

BearGrylls is unknown at this point
I'm having the same problem. It's the same with all browsers but only started happening a couple of weeks ago.

It's not AVG because my other computer has the same AVG as this one but only this computer cant play the videos. I've updated all the windows updates, reinstalled flash/shockwave player and i've uninstalled any program that was even slightly related to video/audio playing in case it was interfering but still have the same problem. I'm guessing it might be a virus but even in safemode the videos do not play. Doing a virus scan atm, will report back if i manage to solve the problem but i'm just about out of options.
BearGrylls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:58 AM   #6
Uzbeki

Uzbeki is unknown at this point
Does it work fine on Youtube in all browsers?
Old 04-06-2011, 08:13 AM   #7
BearGrylls
Initiate

BearGrylls is unknown at this point
I have resolved the issue. In Global Settings Storage (click this to access it:http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager03.html), the check box allowing 3rd parties to store flash data was unchecked. Checking the box resolved the issue.

Yes Uzbeki all browsers worked on youtube. All browsers worked on some videos on warcraftmovies too, just a few didn't work. For example this movie would not play: http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=183693. It wasn't just warcraftmovies though other videos on other sites would not work also. But yeah what i said above fixed it for me after a good day of trying a million other things :-D

Last edited by BearGrylls : 04-06-2011 at 08:16 AM.
BearGrylls is offline   Reply With Quote