WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-27-2009, 05:09 AM   #1
Dreamz84
Initiate

Dreamz84 is an unknown quantity at this point
How do I get HD streams for my uploaded stuff???

I post movies on here regularly and I was just wondering...

How do I get Warcraftmovies.com to give me an HQ (high-quality) stream for my movies. I notice that a lot of authors are getting HQ streams (Tortun) for their stuff but I don't get any.

Is there any pre-requisite to getting an HD stream for your movie?

Thanks in advance for answering.

Last edited by Dreamz84 : 01-27-2009 at 05:19 AM.
Dreamz84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:32 PM   #2
RopeDrink

RopeDrink is an unknown quantity at this point
As far as I'm aware, only those with Premium can see HQ Streams anyways. I check my movies regularly and I had absolutely no Premium whatsoever until about 2-3 weeks ago, so all my movies (which had gotten a HQ Stream back then) didn't have any during that stage.

Once I got Premium back, HQ Stream was accessable.

Just talking about the "WCM HQ Stream" primarily, I can't vouch for the others, and I could be TOTALLY wrong.

So, theory is:

Movies submitted by HoF Members or selected for Spotlight by Admins, or those that exceed a specific amount of downloads in a specific amount of time all get a HQ Stream. ONLY those with Premium can download the movies from the WCM Download Links (High speed) or view it via HQ Stream. Those not of Premium must download (or stream) from outside sources (FileFront etc).

As said, theory. My guess is that if your movie is remotely successful, it most likely has a HQ Stream. If you have Premium, and can't see one, then I suppose you best just ignore my theory altogether and wait for someone who officially knows to give an answer.

HQ Stream is more of a perk for those who have Premium, as opposed to the actual authors.

Last edited by RopeDrink : 01-27-2009 at 11:41 PM.
RopeDrink is offline   Reply With Quote