WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Suggestions
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2008, 02:08 PM   #1
cory9919

cory9919 is unknown at this point
Id like to make another suggestion

Lately WCM has been great. Aside from Tortun steams failing every night past a certain hour (my guess is you guys shut those servers down or something..) things are pretty much primo with the site. good stuff.

My suggestion however has to do with a different website and its relation to WCM. Filefront would be that particular website. lately ive been cruising some older and/or less popular videos. I always stream part or all of the video before i DL it to make sure its worth the harddrive space (you would too after having over 115 gigs of WCM content on a harddrive...) Unfortunately due to how terrible filefront is, a lot of these streams that you guys have displayed are no longer hosted by filefront, thus are nothing but dead links.

This is no fault of your own, but of how filefront manages its poor system. (ive had my movies deleted on 3 different occasions before i gave up on the site.)

My suggestion would be to stop supporting filefront links, and take up a more accommodating stream site. Vimeo seems very solid at the moment and easy to work with. Google has always held out fine over long periods of time (despite the shitty video quality) and now there is Tortun (if the servers improve...).

I know the choice of hosts is up to the author, but maybe nudge authors away from filefront? give some kinda bonus or something for them not using it? I know this sounds dumb, and i honestly cant think of a great solution to this atm, but with how filefront handles movies, its dragging WCM down a lot.

Thanks for taking the time.

--Melkoir