WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Anything wrong?
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 07:38 PM   #1
Vandalist
Hall of Fame member

Vandalist is notable
I'm a... WTF?

Okay, I normally don't care to bother posting about little problems or stupid stuff... but this problem takes the cake.

I'm not sure if I should be mad at the user who created these movies or the moderator who approved them and gave them spotlight but...

The movies that just got release:

1) I'm a shaman.
2) I'm a warrior.
3) I'm a paladin.

their 20 seconds long, of a guy sitting at his webcam saying "Im a shaman, boom! boom ! im a shaman! boom!" and junk... NOT EVEN A PROMO CLIP... and it gets spotlight, 40,000 downloads, ... Come On people... If you check the clips, almost every single comment to all 3 movies is a flame, rating 1... which they deserve....

My complaint is...
It's annoying to see that I worked my butt off for days to weeks at a time, to make a great movie, and if I got lucky I'd get spotlight, and if I got even luckier (and my video was that good) id get 30 or 40k views on it, help my fame out, you know how it works..

BUT THIS GUY........

this guy is spamming the webcam record button, saying something stupid, uploading it.. AND THE MODS APPROVE IT AND GIVE IT SPOTLIGHT? And to top it off, hes just flying up in views ONLY BECAUSE hes in the spotlight, not because the movie was anywhere near good..

Go watch any of the 3, and youll see what I mean.. These movies should have never made it on the website...

I'm sorry I'm QQing here, but seriously..... w t f?

Last edited by kiahann : 07-21-2007 at 08:44 PM. Reason: refrain from cursing on the forums please
Old 07-23-2007, 11:35 AM   #2
Gedan

Gedan is unknown at this point
Hi Vandalist,

I do agree the quality of the works Chillichips has released are somewhat below standard on what we usually release in the spotlight, we reject more than 30% of the movies uploaded to WCM and will continue to award hard work and quality on this site. However, sometimes we do get movies that are so weird we do not want the community to miss out the "what the fuck feeling"..

Much like American IDOL when the tone-deaf outcast makes his apparence in the tryouts and gets laughed at by millions our WCM jesters sometimes needs to be put out there so the community(viewers) can get a few raw laughs without anyone getting hurt, also he makes people see and appriciate when real artists enter the stage

Rest assure this is not something we will pursue, we will continue to show high quality work and authors who work hard will be awarded with high ratings and fame but remember good quality isn't always = high download stats..
Old 07-24-2007, 01:43 AM   #3
Vandalist
Hall of Fame member

Vandalist is notable
ok now this is total bullsh**.. he just made the old hall of fame mark, hes up to 162,000 views on his movies, and everyone rates him 1.0 because their a total waste of time. people go to the movie just to comment on how much they hate him...

Quote:
we will continue to show high quality work and authors who work hard will be awarded with high ratings and fame
thats crap, im sorry to be an ass about this... but this guy, in less than 10 minutes of his free life time, just acted like a total jackass on camera and accomplished in that 10 minutes what ive been trying to accomplish for over a year now.... AND EVERYONE HATES HIM FOR IT! ... and whats worse, is another movie just recently got approved "im a rogue" a few hours ago.... this crap is never going to stop is it.... -_- maybe ill just get on camera and pull my pants down and smack the camera with my co** and be like "IM A ROGUE LOOK AT MY MELEE DAMAGE!"....

so what if i got hated for it, at least i would get the movie attention i was looking for... thats all this guy is doing... his movies barley even come close to scratching anything related to wow. if he didnt say teh word "rogue" or "shaman" in teh video, it would have absolutly nothign to do with world of warcraft.

Last edited by Vandalist : 07-24-2007 at 01:46 AM.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:03 AM   #4
Boratt
Initiate

Boratt is unknown at this point
I agree fully

Most of my movies are also useless, but not like that at all
Old 07-24-2007, 02:46 AM   #5
Foredoomed
Hall of Fame member

Foredoomed is unknown at this point
Who cares about fame rating or downloads? If it was such a waste of time, people would not download it.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:17 AM   #6
Walterion
Initiate

Walterion is unknown at this point
Well Ok, It's true his movies are really dumb (some are funny)...but what you are complaning about ?

Okay, How to paladin is plain stupid too, but he reached 16 movies doing the same thing...did he got anything wrong ? No, did he got bad rated ? yes, many low rates...What's his fame ? 99. Okay.

as I read before, it's like american idol...some guys get the shortcut to the top, some have to work their asses to reach the same place. This applies to everything at life, deal with it.

Cyas soon
Old 07-24-2007, 06:36 AM   #7
Dwârv

Dwârv is unknown at this point
@ Vandalist: I understand perfectly what you mean. But its not just the mods who put this crap in the spotlight. Its the people viewing as well. Still viewing, now that they know what these "I'm a xxxx " clips look like. But no problem, just keep cool, this guy will disappear sooner or later. (hopefully sooner)

@ Gedan : I understand perfectly what you mean. But if you shock the community from time to time with putting stupid crap like this online and even in the spotlight, you should at least put one more section to your list. Something like :"total crap" or so. Its an offence for all the moviemakers who put a lot of work in their comedys, to find their movies side by side with something like this.

nevermind
Old 07-24-2007, 04:28 PM   #8
Axros
Initiate

Axros is unknown at this point
There's a diffrent between a "WTF feeling" and the feeling of "Omg I want a minute of my life back...."

Really I didn't laugh 1 time when viewing those 5 movies, not even close, I understand that some movies will give you a "WTF" feeling, but this one doesn't come close...
Old 07-25-2007, 03:14 AM   #9
Vandalist
Hall of Fame member

Vandalist is notable
THE POINT IS: I work my ass off for my movies, trying to make something people will like and watch... and I've been trying very hard to make a movie good enough to hit 100,000 views platinum. This moron says "im a shaman" on a webcam like the total moron that he is... posts it.. gets spotlight and 100,000 views in UNDER A WEEK.... even though the movie sucks, everyone hates it, they rate it 1s... he got the views because it stuck in the spotlight and people wanted to see what was so crappy. So what if they regretted downloading it, he still got his platinum being a jack*ss on video....

Its stuff like that.. that makes me so close to just giving up on movies, making them, submitting them, everything... just giving up on the whole thing for good... I love doing it... but when a complete moron can do something like that, and get the platinum/views everyones looking for on their well thought out, planned, creative movies........ whats the point anymore.. I've never been so frustrated with anything so stupid before in my life and I hate it...
Old 07-25-2007, 01:00 PM   #10
dimmers
Initiate

dimmers is unknown at this point
Dear Warcraft Movies Community

It is I Chillichips the maker of the “Im A [Class]” videos. I have kept quiet till now and decided to sit back and see what the commotion is all about.

I can understand some of your frustrations (ie getting more hits and maintaining the #1 spot till recently for a very short clip), I do not think that I am a great movie maker or anything like that. I have come on this site and enjoyed watching many of the movies that some of the people who commented in this forums have made. I think that many of you are talented and can make it quite big in this industry.

I can understand how many of you might be annoyed that a random that you never heard of shot up to number #1 and maintained it for very long using non mainstream filming techniques. I never intended to make this video clip to go to #1 but rather to submit a video that I thought was funny and if anyone else liked it then I’m glad they did as well. I continued to make a movie a day because I wanted to make one movie per class in a similar format to each other.

I have seen and reviewed many of the movies on this site. I have NEVER given been rude or extremely derogatory to ANYONE however in the past week I have received comments that are in reference and assume the following:

• My sexual preference
• My home life
• My Mental capacity
• My mental ability
• And various others (although to be honest some of the insults were rather funny)

What I am getting at is that some of the way s you insult me (repeatedly in my various videos) are immature and quite vulgar themselves, in essence some of you are acting like immature children not getting their own way.

Some of you are carrying on as though I took over the website and you didn’t enjoy the site anymore. The truth is I never prevented anyone else submitting a video or prevented ANYONE from viewing ANY video on the website. The old analogy is that this website is like television. If you do not like what you are seeing, then change the channel (view another video). No one forced you to view ANY of my videos.

If you are just taking your anger out on me because your videos do not get as many hits then don’t get angry at me. There are MANY videos that have easily suppassed me in every category. If your own videos aren’t getting many hits then maybe you should review what you are currently producing and change direction. As I said earlier I made my videos just for fun and they also happen to have been successful. You choose what you want to watch and other will choose what they will want to see.

I am not saying anyone should copy my style (but if they do then it is their choice) but to work out a style that works better for you. Oh and I would have never made a video where I pull out my bits and wave them around. That is just plain vulgar. None of my videos are vulgar or insulting anyone else.

Also many of you claim that the majority of people gave it a 1 and it was the crapest thing on this site. That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. However many people (from this site and other sites) have told me that they enjoyed the vids and would love to see more. My inbox has been flooded with people saying how much they enjoyed my movies.

One last thing, you are angry that my Shaman video went platinum but ironically many of you kept telling people (even in this thread) to see how bad my videos are which in turn increased my counts. If you had kept doing what you normally and not make this some personal vendetta then my videos would not have had as many hits or kept it at #1 for so long. Not to rub it in but thankyou for the extra hits.

I am not to blame, not the site admins. The simple fact is people wanted to see my videos for whatever reason they had. Its called life and no one is to blame and should not detour you from where your passion lies if making machinima is what you want to do.

Chillichips
Closed Thread