WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Discussion - NEW
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-03-2008, 02:56 PM   #1
Martinfalch
Hall of Fame member

Martinfalch is unknown at this point
I partially agree with Soosdon; for instance, to some people h264 encoding means EVERYTHING and you're pretty much a retard if you don't use it in their opinion To others, watching it on youtube works for them, so it's rather biased in each category from the start - hence people often rate based on how they feel after having watched the movie, perhaps only considering the different categories for guidance, if they feel the movie shouldn't get full 5's.

I currently don't have that many issues with the system; high ratings motivate authors to create more machinima, which is a good thing, so even though they may not always be correct (at least in the eyes of people with another opinion than the rater), I don't think it's the end of the world to anyone.

I must admit, what can sometimes piss me off a bit, though, is when people downrate continuously for no good reason - a good example is Kenion's Black Rose, which is an incredible jump in many editing areas and at the same time includes a quite interesting story, well put together and well thought out. It's also quite creative and in generel, it would be one of those movies that I'd definitely say deserves a 5/5/5/5. Yet, despite this people are downrating for reasons out of the mentioned categories, for instance the often-used "LOL DRAGONBALLZ!", which I've gotten some off myself as well. But in the end there's not really much to do about it - you can of course report and restrict people continously, but I guess people will continue to rate how they feel, rather than how the rating system tells them to - afterall, rating isn't something that can be objectively decided. Maybe, though, the new rating system will help make the "good" comments shine and the "bad" ones go into the background!

- Martin
Martinfalch is offline   Reply With Quote