Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-24-2007, 11:51 AM   #1
Dromhil
Initiate

Dromhil is unknown at this point
4 Questions

Hi I've a few questions for you machinimacracks
Well here they are:

1. How am I supposed to setup Fraps for not having a 1 GBfile each 20 seks?
For example how is grim able to make a 20 min Movie in such high quality.
I mean I only have 40GB left on my HD and 20 min of ingame captured Video Material would be about 60Gigs so.. please help me ( I bought the fullversion of this tool.. )
2. How can I check my PMs on Warcraftmovies.com , or can I only view them in the forum?
3. I'm using Vegas 7.0 an wanted to create glowing particles (like round balls or something) flying in the air. Well the main thing is they should leave a line behind their flying line which stays there for a couple of seks till it slowy fades out (example (in the begining while text being shown: klick.

thanks very much

Edit: one Question deleted because of Model Changing content.

Last edited by Dromhil : 04-24-2007 at 12:12 PM.
Dromhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 01:32 PM   #2
Waverian

Waverian is unknown at this point
Fraps records media in an uncompressed form, so the output size is going to be large. You might be able to get the raw video smaller by decreasing FPS or Resolution, but that will negatively affect the quality of your end video.

However to ultimately get a reasonably sized video you're going to have to render your raw video with the codec of your choice via a video editor.

I'd suggest compiling your clip with one of the free editors available, Windows Movie Maker is the most common, however if you're looking to invest money for a better product you can try applications such as Sony Vegas or Adobe Premeire.

edit: I really need to read full posts...

Now that I see you're using sony vegas: To reduce the filesize of your video, put the raw clip into vegas' timeline, apply any effects and what have you, then go to File->Render As. That will open up a window for saving your video in a compressed form. WCM hosts a great guide on what settings to use when rendering a video for best results, I'll edit in a link in a moment.

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/articleview.php?id=21 by Thiras.

Last edited by Waverian : 04-24-2007 at 01:37 PM.
Waverian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 01:00 PM   #3
Dromhil
Initiate

Well thanks but.. I know that I can drastically reduce the filesize of my Movies by converting them.
But my Problem is that I want to tape and will have to tape around ~60 Min for getting about 5-10 Min of useable Video Material and I need 15-20 min.. and how am I supposed to do that if the Filesize is about 21 GB.. it's just to much. Always stop and wait like whatever hours to just let those pieces of Video being converted and then after that convert them again with effects.. so it's about 3-4 times converting.. that's a lot of wasted time.
My computer is very good actually (Intel Core2Duo E6600, ATI x1950xt, 2GB DDR2-Ram).
So my Fraps settings are :
Full-size
30 fps
no cursor
no sync

Supposed to change something?

Thanx.. and if someone could answer me the other 2 Questions I would be very thankfull
Old 04-26-2007, 04:03 AM   #4
Btcc22
Hall of Fame member

Btcc22 is unknown at this point
1) You can't change that. You'll have to either lower your resolution, set FRAPS to half size if it isn't and just keep converting as you go.

2) Under your avatar.

3) Can't be done in Vegas.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:24 PM   #5
Dromhil
Initiate

Okay thx
Now there are 2 more questions =):

- Which program is best for converting uncompressed video material as fast as possible and with quite good compression (no need for effects.. would make them with vegas later)
- Which are the best Fraps settings for getting the best possible performance/filesize setting?
I'm running WoW with 1280x1024 resolution, got an E6600 Intel dual2core though, I'm useing half-size and think it looks really nice, am I supposed to reduce the WoWresolution to 1024x768 maybe, even though I think it would get in conflict with my gameplay/interface and so on.

greets
Old 04-28-2007, 11:16 AM   #6
Dromhil
Initiate

push
Old 05-04-2007, 03:04 PM   #7
Thiras

Thiras is unknown at this point
There isn't much you can do about the filesizes. You'll have to buy a new harddisk to fraps to if your old one is getting full
Thiras is offline   Reply With Quote