WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Suggestions
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2007, 02:01 AM   #1
Vandalist
Hall of Fame member

Vandalist is notable
Spotlight Voting

How about this for a system for spotlight.

This will help bring other and older movies into the spotlight once again.

Everyone with a 15+ fame gets a spotlight vote once a day. They can use this vote on any movie they wish, one movie once a day.

Any movie that gets 5 votes, automatically gets queued to go into the spotlight for 24 hours.

Security Feature #1:
- No single movie can get into the spotlight more than once a month. So the vote feature would be disabled for 30 days after hitting the spotlight.

Security Feature #2:
- No person can vote for the same movie more than once a month. This prevents someone from abusing their votes all on one movie.

Security Feature #3:
- You can not vote for any movies you have produced. This prevents authors from simply voting for themselves to become more popular.

Security Feature #4:
The reason for the 15+ fame requirement (or whatever), is to prevent just anyone from voting for spotlight movies. As the spotlight gets a movie a lot of recognition, its not something that should just be easily decided by newcommers or... how shall i put this.... people with less intelligence....

This suggestion should not override any decisions for spotlights by mods who are approving movies and putting them in the spotlight. Those movies will gain priority over the spotlight positions.
Vandalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 11:42 PM   #2
Uzbeki

Uzbeki is unknown at this point
You have got some nice ideas here Vandalist. I will pass this along and see what we can come up with.

We have just started with the Spotlight Voting (for members with over 50 in fame) and want to see how that plays out first.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:23 AM   #3
Dwârv

Dwârv is unknown at this point
Someone broke his head and came up with some nice ideas.

respect

Dwârv
Old 08-28-2007, 07:39 AM   #4
Terwilliger

Terwilliger is unknown at this point
I wouldn't say a month, some movies are really good and there are always new people coming to the site. Maximum exposure of some of the best movies on the site is what they want!

Maybe a week or a few days

It takes years to build trust, and just seconds to destroy it.
Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 09:46 AM   #5
Gedan

Gedan is unknown at this point
I can see a reason to give more people will less fame than 50 to get in on this awesome feature and the security measurements you're pointing out wouldn't be that hard to implement.

" Security Feature #1:
- No single movie can get into the spotlight more than once a month. So the vote feature would be disabled for 30 days after hitting the spotlight. "
- I like this idea, would have to be tweaked somewhat, maybe 30 days is a bit harsh and using spotbox votes could be stored in a pool so you can save up 4-5 votes on a rainy week.

" Security Feature #2:
- No person can vote for the same movie more than once a month. This prevents someone from abusing their votes all on one movie."
- Excellent,

" Security Feature #3:
- You can not vote for any movies you have produced. This prevents authors from simply voting for themselves to become more popular. "
- Spot on.

" Security Feature #4:
The reason for the 15+ fame requirement (or whatever), is to prevent just anyone from voting for spotlight movies. As the spotlight gets a movie a lot of recognition, its not something that should just be easily decided by newcommers or... how shall i put this.... people with less intelligence.... "
- Maybe giving them more power as they grow per ~10 fame would be the right way to go.

I like your ideas Vandalist on this hot subject!
Old 08-28-2007, 01:37 PM   #6
DlouBent

DlouBent is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedan View Post
I can see a reason to give more people will less fame than 50 to get in on this awesome feature and the security measurements you're pointing out wouldn't be that hard to implement.

" Security Feature #1:
- No single movie can get into the spotlight more than once a month. So the vote feature would be disabled for 30 days after hitting the spotlight. "
- I like this idea, would have to be tweaked somewhat, maybe 30 days is a bit harsh and using spotbox votes could be stored in a pool so you can save up 4-5 votes on a rainy week.

" Security Feature #2:
- No person can vote for the same movie more than once a month. This prevents someone from abusing their votes all on one movie."
- Excellent,

" Security Feature #3:
- You can not vote for any movies you have produced. This prevents authors from simply voting for themselves to become more popular. "
- Spot on.

" Security Feature #4:
The reason for the 15+ fame requirement (or whatever), is to prevent just anyone from voting for spotlight movies. As the spotlight gets a movie a lot of recognition, its not something that should just be easily decided by newcommers or... how shall i put this.... people with less intelligence.... "
- Maybe giving them more power as they grow per ~10 fame would be the right way to go.

I like your ideas Vandalist on this hot subject!
Implent em Maybe the 15 fame requirement should be 30 then. 50 is way too much
DlouBent is offline   Reply With Quote