WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-27-2007, 01:22 PM   #1
Ceejay9
Initiate

Ceejay9 is unknown at this point
Wow ModelViewer + Mapviewer Question

Ok, I'm a little over halfway done with a guild promotional video that I've been working on for the last couple of weeks. But I'm still rather new to editing in Sony Vegas 7 and I'm running into a problem.

Just a couple of days ago I finally realized that the resolution in modelviewer is important, and if it's too small there are dead zones on the screen to either the top, bottom, left or right where the animation dissappears but the background from mapviewer is still visible.

Now I don't see this problem in many movies that I watch, so obviously I'm doing something wrong here. I think my problem is trying to figure out what resolution that mapviewer works with. Since it comes up in a window, I'm not quite sure, and there doesn't seem to be any settings for it. Is it simply the same as my desktop is set too?

Currently none of the set resoltution sizes in modelviewer match the mapviewer for a clean overlay. Is this normal or am I really missing something? Either I will have a bit of bleed from modelviewer or from mapviewer.

At the moment, after about 80+ hours of work on what I have, it's looking like this time around I may have to insert a new video track at the top and just put in a black border frame for the whole movie to hide the bleed.

Any help would certainly be appreciated.

Thanks
Ceejay9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 04:32 PM   #2
Auspex
Initiate

Auspex is unknown at this point
I had this problem too, what i did was try and keep things away from the edges, or pan the scene until it works....sorry this not much help ^^ still new to it.
Auspex is offline   Reply With Quote