WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-20-2008, 06:05 AM   #1
TheRealFenni
Initiate

TheRealFenni is an unknown quantity at this point
Gamecam V.2 (FPS, Resolution..need advise!)

Hi guys!

I'm new here but after skimming the forum it seems like the perfect place to post these questions in.

I noticed many like Fraps, where I on the other hand turned from Fraps to Gamecam 1.4 and now V.2. One major reason was the "recording caching" that enables me to keep recording and then if something IMBA happens, in a fight etc., I can hit save and it remembers the last 2 minutes fx.

That said! I have some questions, and I REALLY hope one or some of you guys are IMBA enough to help me

Screen resulotion and FPS

I use a 22' Samsung Syncmaster 226 BW that uses Digital cabel for Digital screen. and my resolution in WOW is 1650x Widescreen

(I know 800x600 will increase performance but playing in that format plane sucks and quality is decreased)

My question is:

- Though my screen is digital i still get eaten on FPS when I hit record...How come?

- How do I increase my Framerate since my screen is digital and Hz, to my knowledge, is
irrelevant?

(See first question.... this is what's frustrating. Seems to me FPS is affected but like analog you can't increase refresh rate to fx. 120 in order to increase your FPS
when recording)

- Should I play in the same screen resolution as I record in?

WOW in-game video menu

I know I can lower environment details etc. to increase performance, but there is also something called "Multisampling"

And to be honest, I still to this day, still can't figure out what it does and what is good for!

My question therefore is:

When recording....what should multisampling be on....24 bit 2 x multisampling or 8 x or ?

Recording....What format?

I've found out that by recording my recordings in WMW i get a better quality (more clear and sharp) than I do if I record in AVI.

But with Gamecam V.2 they have introduced Video codecs like Divx Compatible and MPEG compatible.

My question is:

- Does codec thingys have relevans to my choice of recording format?

- Do you need to have it set on MPEG compatible if you chose to record in
WMV.?

- Same question goes for the AVI. part?

- Which of those 2 codecs can convert the best result, quality wise?

Gamecam V.2 Audio:

Can you talk into your mike and record playing, at the same time?

If so how? Should it just be marked on "microfone" or something else.

Can't get Audio to work.....

Sorry for this somewhat long post, but I have wanted to know these questions for a looong time and this forum seems to be the place, where I finally can get some proper answers and knowledge.

I thank you in advance

Best Regard

Fenni

Last edited by TheRealFenni : 04-20-2008 at 11:27 AM.
TheRealFenni is offline   Reply With Quote