Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-11-2007, 04:20 AM   #1
Ananien
Initiate

Ananien is unknown at this point
Premier Pro and File Size

Hi,

This has probably allready been on a topic, and if so i'm sorry, just refer me to it, cause i simply didn't have enough time to go 15 pages of possible subjects

Anyway, Im new to the video making world, and I know I've done SOMETHING wrong along the way to make my movie. Prob is, I dont know what. So here goes;

I use FRAPS to get the video parts from WoW that I want, in this case Matherdions takedown, and something just outside. I record with no sound.

Then, I use VirtualDub to cut out the scenes I want, and use "save as AVI" to export it to my desk. (Maybe this is where i fuck it up)

Then I open up Premier, and set it aprox three videoclips, and use around 35 Photoshop pictures (for text and few effects), and use three songs. All in all, I liked the output and decide to share it with my guildmates. I export it, and are horrified when i find the final produkt to be a 1.6GB video with quality loss. (its a 7-8 min video)

This is what i did in short, and I got the feeling that i somewhat should've compressed it before or in another way. I tried to compress it with the newest Xvid codec, but is crashes every time i try. So I compress it to Premier's standard, resulting in this. And this is a size not share friendly :p

I know I'm quite the n00b, but you wont learn if you don't ask
Ananien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:53 AM   #2
teh_taco
Hall of Fame member

teh_taco is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananien View Post
I tried to compress it with the newest Xvid codec, but is crashes every time i try. So I compress it to Premier's standard, resulting in this.
that's exactly the problem I'm also facing when I try to encode stuff using xvid/divx with premiere or virtualdub: program crashes or the video is extremely choppy.. so I just keep on rendering my stuff using wmv, that should work for you, but the filesize/quality ratio is worse than using divx.

be sure to also compress your audio (128 kbps/44.1Khz), otherwise filesize will just explode.
teh_taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 01:36 PM   #3
Ananien
Initiate

Ananien is unknown at this point
Well, isn't the audio compressed when you compress the rest of the video? Or did I misundestand something?

I just took a normal song in my Audio lane, then compressed the movie...
Ananien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 04:36 PM   #4
teh_taco
Hall of Fame member

teh_taco is unknown at this point
no it's not, you need to choose a compressor for both audio and video.. at least as far as I know
teh_taco is offline   Reply With Quote