WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-22-2007, 07:56 PM   #11
Thiras

Thiras is unknown at this point
If it were me I'd take the asus one because the geforce 8 supports directx 10 should you get a game with that (sc2 is completely dx9 afaik, anyone can confirm?)
Thiras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 09:12 PM   #12
america8371
Initiate

america8371 is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiras View Post
If it were me I'd take the asus one because the geforce 8 supports directx 10 should you get a game with that (sc2 is completely dx9 afaik, anyone can confirm?)
Your right, its an excellent notebook but it doesn't have SLI and it doesn't seem like i can upgrade it as much as the Clevo/Sager.

What if i wanna add another graphics card in a year? What if I wanna add two more HDDs? Can't I just put a Geforce 8 in the Clevo? Why do computer companies keep coming out with new stuff, I hate them. The check is gonna get here in a week and I dont know what to buy. And when I do decide on one its gonna get here and not be able to play Oblivion on ultra high settings.

Why am I starting to sound like a little girl, lol? I apologize. Ok, I'm calm and collected now.

Last edited by america8371 : 07-22-2007 at 09:24 PM.
america8371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 11:50 AM   #13
america8371
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiras View Post
I'd get the ASUS one, best gfx card and wow runs far better with 2 gigs of memory.

SLI capable or not means poo when its a geforce 8 also, they beat the geforce 7x series by miles

edit: 1 SODIMM = 1 stick, 2 SODIMM = 2 sticks

edit again: Dvd recorder = no

edit again again: Lets put it like this.

My computer (3.0 ghz core 2 duo, geforce 8800 gtx, 7200 rpm SATA disk, 4 gb of 800 mhz corsair memory) can fraps 30 fps 1280x1024 in any place in wow with highest settings, anisotropic filtering at max and FSAA at 4x. The asus laptop isnt far off, and yes, it should be sufficient for your recording needs.
I decided to go with your suggestion and get the ASUS. I gotta say, its just amazing, WoW runs perfectly with all video settings maxed out. The level of detail is almost too rich, lol. I turned on fraps and it almost ran perfectly with those same video settings. The only thing is that the HDD is kinda slow, I'm gonna pick up a 7200 external HDD today. So that WoW can run on the internal and fraps can record to the external.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:02 PM   #14
DlouBent

DlouBent is unknown at this point
I better buy one of those lol. Gief linkzor
DlouBent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 01:01 PM   #15
america8371
Initiate

The display is also top notch, one of the best that I've seen on a notebook. But then again ASUS make great motherboards so I would expect the same quality in their nootebooks. I would definitely recommend ASUS notebooks.